"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 01-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Nuwave vs Flavorwave vs Super Turbo Oven vs Jet Stream Oven

Looking for an infrared convection oven and would like to know if anyone on this site has any personal experience with any of these?

Or other web sites (other than Amazon or Epinions) with reviews.

thanks,

mac

Old 01-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I own the Flavorwave Convection Oven, and I think it works beautifully!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #3
Executive Chef

I am a fan of both convection and infrared cooking technologies, but I can't recommend the products you ask about as I don't personally own them.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Mac;

Try THIS address; Thane USA - Quality as seen on TV products!.

Click on the small pic where the oven is, and the page will download. Thank you.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #5
Executive Chef

I have a Nu-Wave and I love it its great for poultry really crispy skin.I made ribs once and they were superb.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Tell me about it!!

Even though it's fattening, I just can't resist that dry crispy brown skin from the roast chicken. I love it!!

The powerful halogen heating element combined with the cyclonic fan blowing superheated air around the food makes it all possible.

I like the way that it cycles on and off - almost like a Christmas tree! I haven't used it in a while, but when I do, it makes the food taste so much better than just roasting it in the regular oven.

Have you tried cooking a frozen roast yet? It's supposed to do that as well. I haven't tried that yet. But the meat is supposed to be prepped and seasoned before we freeze it
to save time. I always end up thawing out the meat anyway beforehand.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

I read on the internet that the nuwave is supposed to have far infrared whereas the flavorwave does not. Is this true? What are the differences between the Flavorwave and the Nuwave other than the NW being double the price. What do you get for the additional money. I want something that will last and hopefully also have good customer service. I had heard that Thane was not good at customer service. Is that true?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123 View Post
Tell me about it!!

Even though it's fattening, I just can't resist that dry crispy brown skin from the roast chicken. I love it!!

The powerful halogen heating element makes it all possible. I like the way that it cycles on and off - almost like a Christmas tree! I haven't used it in a while, but when I do, it makes the food taste so much better than just roasting it in the regular oven.

Have you tried cooking a frozen roast yet? It's supposed to do that as well. I haven't tried that yet. But the meat is supposed to be prepped and seasoned before we freeze it
to save time. I always end up thawing out the meat anyway beforehand.
Corey I ate the skins on six chicken thighs last night cooked in Nu-Wave
after that all I wanted was a salad no dinner.Pure heaven at the moment.I have never cooked a roast yet but have done whole frozen chicken it comes out perfect just like the company promises.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

if you bought the flavorwave over the nuwave, what were your reasons?
If you bought the Nuwave over the flavorwave, what were your reasons?
thanks much.
and what have your experiences been with the respective company's customer service if needed?

mac
Old 01-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
I read on the internet that the nuwave is supposed to have far infrared whereas the flavorwave does not. Is this true? What are the differences between the Flavorwave and the Nuwave other than the NW being double the price. What do you get for the additional money. I want something that will last and hopefully also have good customer service. I had heard that Thane was not good at customer service. Is that true?

Nothing really. They both look the same in features and performance.

I've never had to contact Thane for any customer service at all.

Jpmcgrew, to me, the sking on the thighs has more fat underneath it. I try to get the skin on the breast and the drmsticks dry and crispy brown. Since I mainly like the drumsticks anyway. I'm a drumstick freak!

In a buffet restaurant such as Old Country Buffet, of any of the ones in Las Vegas, I go straight for the drumsticks!!