Oven size question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puppymom6

Assistant Cook
I am looking at a new oven but it seems 'short' inside. It is only 10 " from lower rack to oven ceiling. Is this big enough for roasts and turkeys?

Puppymom6 said:
It is only 10 " from lower rack to oven ceiling.

Make sure the rack is at it's lowest setting....10 in. seems unusually small to me...
I believe you would have difficulty cooking larger turkeys, hams etc.......

Sounds small to me too.

If your current oven is the size you want, measure it and take the measurements with you to an appliance store.

Thanks for your replies! I like the range and all of the features except the oven size......
This one has no computerized electronics- just knobs to twist which I prefer. The interior dimensions of the oven are 22.5 inches wide, 17.25 inches deep and ONLY 10 inches from the bottom rack to the oven top. It is a 30 inch duel fuel slide in by DCS. It has a power burner that would be really great for canning and meals in a hurry, also a simmer burner.
I don't understand why anyone would make such a great product with such a tiny oven. I really like the racks, the burner grids and the fact that it is not computerized.
The one I am replacing is bad because the computer part burned up from me keeping the front burner on high while canning and it fried something.

DCS, Wolf Viking all make 30 " ranges without "computer" on their basic gas models. Many of them will come with a convection feature fo rthe oven. Often the Dual fuel will be the fancier model with features you don't want. THe small oven onthe model DCS you are looking at seems to be s specialy item. DCS makes other model ranges so keep looking.

Thank you all for your suggestions- I only have a 30" opening(for a slide in) and am not willing to enlarge that as I like my cabinets the way they are. I went back to the showroom, roaster in hand, and stopped on the way to measure the turkeys at the market. The DCS is smallish looking but will accommodate a large turkey. SO I have my convection/microwave for side dishes and decided that I liked the DCS best. I did go with the duel fuel, as I bake a lot, and wanted self clean. The all gas self clean model is even pricier.

I appreciate your help! I am usually decisive but for some reason I really needed input on this one and was thrilled to find this forum .......I will let you all know how I like it when it is installed!!!

Back
Top Bottom