Pasta Express

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just saw the add on travel channel. irony is, the lady demonstrating is using a plug in teap pot to boil water, but has a huge Viking pro style range sitting in the background. !!!!!!!!!! If I had one of those, and someone brought a (*^(^@# pasta express by, I'd toss a pot of boiling water on them! lol grrr

JMediger said:
not much here and the roads are pretty straight in my area. The snow and ice can be tricky but that doesn't happen too often (where the roads are bad). Speaking of which ... I'm off!

i spent years in wisconsin when i was young, working with a company that made weather forecasting and tv news research systems. (why do you think they're always wrong?)
it was only about 6 months, but it seemed like a decade. my home base was madison, but i drove to cross plains, baraboo, eau claire, and milwaukee.

it was the strangest thing, i kept getting bits of spaghetti on my windshiled!

Hi!

In response to the original post and the quote "It seems completely impossible to me that anything will cook by just pouring boiling water on top without any continuous heat source", for years my mom has done just that with #3 spaghetti.......

Boil water, add pasta, return to a boil, cover pot, remove from heat, wait 20 minutes, done.
I've done it this way and it works very well. That being said, I wouldn't do it with filled pasta, and my attempt at doing it with orzo was a massive failure.

YMMV.

Paul

Stuffed pasta needs a temp of 165 degrees to be considered done.

That goes for anything that involves stuffing - including the stuffing itself. Just to be on the safe side.

~Corey123.

Corey123 said:
I don't even have a car to mount the mixer on a dashboard.

And I wouldn't if I did! Nor will I when I get one.

(beating a dead horse)

what about mounting the car to your mixer???

I finally saw it today... don't think I'll be running out and buying one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom