"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 12-19-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
Head Chef

Pizzazz Presto Pizza Oven

We had an early Christmas guest this year. He bought us a Pizzazz pizza oven. It makes the best pizza ever, frozen, homemade, leftover... The possibilities of using it for lots of other food is endless.
I had looked at this product years ago. I think we all have a price limit for what seems like a novelty kitchen appliance and this pizza oven cost big bucks. The price is now less than half ($40 vrs $100).
Just wanted to let you know that it works great.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:47 AM   #2
Executive Chef

It puzzles me as to why Presto is even calling this gizmo an oven, since it's not an enclosed appliance.

I DID once consider buying one, but I changed my mind. The oven works just as good. And my Fl;avor Wave Convection Oven, also.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
Senior Cook

We've had one of these for over a year and we really like it.

Does a better job of cooking pizza than anything else we have.

We also use it to cook other frozen foods. French frys, pizza rolls, mini egg rolls, onion rings, chicken nuggets, chicken strips and cheese sticks and many other frozen foods that come in fairly small sizes.

We also have an American Harvest Jetstream convection oven that does a great job on the crust but because of the speed of the fan, even at lowest speed and at lowest elevation, blows the toppings off the pizza and makes a real greasy mess of things so we didn't use it very many times before giving up on it for pizza.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #4
Head Chef

I was glad to see your post as I was planning on trying other foods. Now that I know it works, I will most definitely be using it a great deal more. Those dessert pizzas were something I really wanted to make.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Another thing I like about the Pizzazz is that you put the pizza on it and start cooking and it will be done in about the time it takes a conventional oven to warm up.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirBlue
I was glad to see your post as I was planning on trying other foods. Now that I know it works, I will most definitely be using it a great deal more. Those dessert pizzas were something I really wanted to make.

12 minutes seems to work on most things so i use that as a starting point when cooking something new.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
Cook

We love ours too. I found one yesterday at a second hand store for $8 and I picked it up for my neighbor cause she always wanted to try ours.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Ron W....

I haven't seen or heard of The american havest jet stream oven in ages....
We had one many moons ago...but it went ka-put. Is yours an old one? Can they still be bought...the thing was kinda fun to play with a times.....
Old 12-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #9
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Ron W....

I haven't seen or heard of The american havest jet stream oven in ages....
We had one many moons ago...but it went ka-put. Is yours an old one? Can they still be bought...the thing was kinda fun to play with a times.....
Bought ours at Sam's Club several years ago but didn't use that much.