Portable induction stove tops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty sure a magnet has to stick to bottom of pan.

Cookware made in the last few years will have a symbol indicating it is for induction cooking. I THINK it is wavy lines. We made sure that symbol was on the last stockpot we bought.

There doesn't seem to be one, universal symbol, yet, but it is usually some variation of the symbol below.

CD

Attachments

• serveimage-1.jpeg
    serveimage-1.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 276
OK, now I've tried not 3, but 10 different magnets from the fridge door that stick like glue. Sorry to say the pan is the problem, not the magnets.;)

I have a call into AC customer service and I'll report back.

I called the 800 customer service number and the recording said they were down for training. Hmm, sent them an email and they replied they will respond to my email within three business days. :rolleyes:

I called the 800 customer service number and the recording said they were down for training. Hmm, sent them an email and they replied they will respond to my email within three business days. :rolleyes:

Just checked the website and the show at least three product lines that are suitable for induction.

Just for grins, I took a magnet to my kitchen and tried to stick it to everything. It stuck to all of my All Clad cookware, but did not stick to the two Calphalon tri-ply pans I own. It also stuck to all of my cast iron and carbon steel, as one would expect.

So, it looks like I could go induction and only lose the use of two pans. My birthday is coming up... hint, hint. :chef:

CD

My pan is on it's way back to AllClad by way of UPS as instructed by the rep. I spoke with today.
She stepped on my last nerve by asking if I was "sure" my pan was not magnetic..:censored::mad: GRRRRRR,,,,

We'll see what they say when they get it.:wacko:

Good info there on the side bar of that link TS..

Last edited:
I thought some of you may be interested in the end of my story here.

As I mentioned the Allclad rep I spoke to asked for the serial number on the bottom of the pan, and then instructed me to send it back to them by way of UPS, which cost me $12.00 by the time I had to buy a box and send it. Fifteen days later, they informed me it was not induction compatible...(although it looks exactly like the one that is). Cripe, so what else is new? I already knew it wasn't induction compatible!! Grrr..
They finally sent my pan back without any explanation or apology when they clearly must have known the serial number was from a line that's not compatible for induction, and yet they had me send it back to them at my cost. In short, I think their customer service sucks, to be blunt.

Now I've decided that I need an induction burner like a hole in the head for my outdoor cooking beside my gas grill. Back to the basics of using any pan I choose with this little dandy I just ordered....
https://www.target.com/p/cuisinart-174-cast-iron-single-burner-stainless-steel-cb-30/-/A-51253934

...Now I've decided that I need an induction burner like a hole in the head for my outdoor cooking beside my gas grill. Back to the basics of using any pan I choose with this little dandy I just ordered....
https://www.target.com/p/cuisinart-174-cast-iron-single-burner-stainless-steel-cb-30/-/A-51253934
That's a dandy little burner, Kayelle, but you didn't decide on the Nesco? :ohmy: :LOL: Just teasing you - I'm sure you passed by their 900 watt burners in favor of that 1300 supercharged Cuisinart. Have fun searing the daylights out of the food!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom