"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilliAnne View Post
I think we got our first microwave cooker in 1985. The great thing about microwave cookers in those days was that they came with a manual and cook book, so you had some guidance in how to cook things. Now you have to look the instructions up online. We have 2 combis now and I mainly use the microwave part for reheating food and ready-cooked meals. One of them has a convection oven, which is a lot more efficient than our traditional oven.

Gillian
I think all microwaves come with cookbooks. We've bought two since 2007 and both came with cookbooks.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

I first saw a microwave when I went to the appliance store to buy my new Kennmore washer and dryer. I had never heard of the micro. They were brand new to the market. The salesman told me what it could do and how easy it would be to use. I WANTEN ONE of them. But still being a newlywed, not enough money at that time.

I finally received one as a gift. I don't remember the brand, but I loved it. I had a newborn at the time and used it to heat up the baby bottles, minus the nipples. That cut down the crying time of waiting to be fed. Coffee, left over food, and anything else that the instruction book told me how too heat up or cook food. Today unfortunately, because I no longer eat processed foods, it now just heats up water for my cup of tea and coffee. But I still pop in leftover food from the day before.