"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I logged out of my gmail account and I can read the PDF in the link I provided.

It gives complete instructions. It does mention using the microwave and convection or microwave and grill at the same time. I have never seen any recipes that do that.

Yes you are right but the thing that was being implied was that its possible to do so.

I do play around with my microwave at time and I can assure you that you can do so with this kind of microwave :)

Plus there is this option where you can select whatever you are cooking, for instance, fresh vegetables or fish, and then select the weight. The microwave determines its cooking time and everything else on its own.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Ok, so here is what I did!

Before taking the big plunge, I decided to toast some sesame seed by the preheating method.

So I pressed the conventional button and chose 210 degree Celsius on the temperature scale. As soon as I pressed the start button, the light inside turned a deep orange and it displayed "Pre-Heat" on the little screen.

Even though I felt like smoke was coming out of it, I still allowed it to do its job and in less than 2 minutes, it beeped twice and displayed the temperature again. I put in the sesame seed and selected 4 minutes and pressed start.

After it was done, I opened the oven and it was super-hot! Like, my microwave has never been that hot! I checked on the sesame seed and saw that it toasted beautifully without browning or burning.

Next, I decided to bake a simple chocolate cake using the method above and I must say, it came out PERFECT! So smooth and heavenly! YUM!

Thank you guys! Now, I can do what I had always wanted to do - BAKE! :D

Tags
oven