Presto Electric Potato Peeler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Has anyone seen or used this appliance?

It's made by Presto. I bought one for $29.00 at Macy's. They were on a clearance sale.

I tried it out, but I have mixed feelings about it. I ended up needing the manual peeler anyway because the machine does not get out the eyes.

Plus, while this thing is on, you can't leave it alone because if you do, it will
strut its stuff all over the counter!!:ohmy:

You have to hold it down while it's on. I was going to post the link, but it seems that Presto has stopped making it. Must not have been much of a hit.

Last edited:
I'll use a modern hand held potato peeler and beat that gadget everytime.

I bet even a 1950's apple peeler hand crank one would do better.

Presto is a funny company. They still find a niche and ppl to buy their products.

I've not tried this Presto device. I've bought Presto products in the past tho.

Presto sold a gazillion small deep fat fryers. I owned one of them.
Good for cooking chicken wings and drummettes. Remember that product?
A simple round black deep fat fryer. No bells or whistles. Plug it in and go.
It worked pretty darn OK for chicken drummettes/wings.

Presto still has their hand in everything cooking "gadget."

Last edited:
178497153_bbaf76dd0f_m.jpg
I use these at work, a little more expensive but do a good job

How in the heck would an electric potato peeler work?????

The only one I've seen is a commercial one in a church kitchen. It's a large drum like a cement mixer with an abrasive interior by way of metal points on the interior of the drum. You toss in a bunch of potatoes and the rotation of the drum rubs/grinds/scrapes off the skin.

I'm pretty sure that's not what Corey has. Probably works like an apple peeler.

Jennyema, I was thinking the same thing. If you still have to hold it and the potato. What the what????????? :wacko:

and Tattrat, I was also thinking the same thing!

quicksilver

Corey, don't feel bad. I would probably have purchased it too. Although I need another cooking gizmo like I need a hole in the head, OK, another hole in the head.

Thanx.

Just about ALL of Presto's products are usually big hits, but I guess this one fell trough the cracks and went sour in a hurry!

I wonder if there was a design flaw in this thing and if Presto decided to pull the pug on it and take it off their website. One has to wonder.

I DO have their Options Multi-Cooker which is a great appliance!

Last edited:
Products like this make me feel that the end of the world must be near. Using electricity to peel potatoes? No thanks - power bill is high enough as it is!

LOL flukx, I agree! My hands and a cheap-o peeler work just fine. Sorry Corey, I have made purchases like that before and wonder why I even doubted the skill of my own hands.

I remember when I got a potato curler as a wedding gift...... ummmm.... well, it sat in the box FOREVER before I finally donated it to Good Will, hopefully someone found some use for it!

Yea kitchenelf, it was suppose to make those curly fries I believe. Unless you are making curly fries and selling them, I can't see the point of having some bulky machine like that take up valuable space in my kitchen! I'm sure I have a few other things in my cabinets that I could part with!

OHHHHHHHHHHHH - I know the curly fries you are talking about - I'm thinking something like "butter curler" and my head just wasn't wrapping around it! :LOL:

OHHHHHHHHHHHH - I know the curly fries you are talking about - I'm thinking something like "butter curler" and my head just wasn't wrapping around it! :LOL:

Actually, I think there IS a potato peeler that looks like the apple peeler. I think I've seen Emeril use one on his show.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom