Question about Wolf double ovens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wmc1900

Assistant Cook
My husband and I recently moved into a new condominium, with a lovely new kitchen, with all new appliances. I'm very happy with the Wolf range, but am less than happy with the Wolf double ovens. It typically takes between 40 and 45 minutes for the oven to preheat to 425, which seems like an absurdly long period of time. In fact, with certain recipes, it takes longer to preheat the oven than to cook the food. Any thoughts or experience with these ovens?

most kitchen appliances register ambient temp of an oven and reach that in 6-10 minutes. High end appliances register true temp which means all the surfaces are equally heated...it gives a much more even radiant cooking chamber...and that takes longer, but 40-45 minutes sounds too slow. Try preheating on convection mode, but also call for a service calibration as something could be off or faulty.

When I bought my Wolf, I let it settle in for a few months and I got used to it, then I called for calibration. Everything got regulated and it works just fine.

The service tech can check all electronics and heating elements, see if a vent is blocked or if it was installed correctly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom