"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #11
Head Chef

Welcome to DC.
I would suggest buying Ear Plugs for the neighbors.

Josie

Old 12-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

we lived in an upstairs apartment for about 10 years. no complaints. the wife got the apartments in a divorce. we got new neighbor, that complained about everything. the wife evicted us. we had found a place and apparently the new neighbor had been calling her about everyone in the complex. day and night. she asked us not to move. to late, we had rented a condo. seems the new neighbor had a problem, not us. i tried to tell the wife that and she said too bad. the eviction notice came as quite a shock. some people just complain about everything. good luck.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

guys

hope you had a happy new year

k so i did go to management and told them the situation. i've been having issues with not only these neighbors but the last ones too.

management entered my apartment and showed them the blender and turned it on. they said they didn't think it would be a problem.

with the neighbor's permission management went to their apartment to hear what it sounds like down there. amazingly enough it went through as if there was no floor at all. i might as well have been in their room.

i told management this is what i was talking about. i hardly ever hear them but thye can hear me. there is only one explanation: they have some kind of device in their apartment that can amplify electrical noise.

i made clear that they didn't put this stuff in the apartment. the last residents did and forgot to remove it. those last people were laughing at my singing and i bet they could hear my phone calls.

management didn't listen to a single thing i said. people tend to do that. not sure why. i hope you guys will though.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooklio View Post
....there is only one explanation: they have some kind of device in their apartment that can amplify electrical noise.

i made clear that they didn't put this stuff in the apartment. the last residents did and forgot to remove it. those last people were laughing at my singing and i bet they could hear my phone calls.
I have only one explanation:

Sorry, I couldn't help it, honestly...
Old 01-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #15
Assistant Cook

i knew someone would say something like that. has anyone had my problem before? i'm really getting impatient.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #16
Master Chef

Did anyone uncover this amplification device you were talking about?
Old 01-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

no

i've been asking the neighbors to look for one and even offered to check myself but they refuse

the neighbors before simply mocked me when i asked them

people told me that it could be the vents but i checked them and there's no device in there
Old 01-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #18
Master Chef

You know you can buy or rent detectors at spy shops. Do you know why anyone would want to spy on you?
Old 01-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Maybe you should move, who wants their neighbors hearing every fart they make anyway. I would think that by now you would want to move based on the two neighbors being jerks and managment not caring. If it's not the vents, and you don't want to move, try laying some carpets down to absorb some of the noise, putting some thicker curtains on, or trying to fill up your apartment a little better. That should cut down on some of the noise. As for the shower, it is probably the vent that is allowing them to hear you.

What all are you blending?

betterthanabox.org
Old 01-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #20
Assistant Cook

let me answer that with i don't know

people keep thinking i'm talking about government conspiracies or stuff like that. i don't believe that.

people keep thinking the neighbors downstairs right NOW are spying on me, that's not what i think. it was the neighbors who lived there before.

the reason the previous neighbors are doing this? i really have no idea.