Quiet Blender needed - neighbors complaining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pooklio

Assistant Cook
hey guys

today i discovered my blender is too loud for the neighbors downstairs. this is like the 6th thing they complained about besides my tv, singing, rolling office chairs, and showering. i tell them they need to find out how they can hear me through the floors like this because i don't think it's just the floors themselves, if you know what i mean.

anyway can you recommend a quiet blender? one that's still tough and can hold at least a quart?

that's a good idea. not sure what i'll use though, but i'm pretty ingenious so i'm sure i'll think of something. it sure would beat buying a whole new blender.

thanks.

It's good of you to be willing to spend your money for the neighbor's benefit. I'd go as far as wrapping a towel around the blender but I wouldn't spend for a quieter one. There's no guarantee that would satisfy the neighbors.

I'd explain to them that you cannot live a silent life. The things you are doing are a normal part of apartment life. Unless you are blasting your TV late at night or having office chair races, you aren't doing anything wrong.

Complaining about your taking a shower?! Really?

Their complaints are more related to a poorly insulated apartment or the fact that they will never be satisfied.

Many apartment buildings have "quiet rules" for late night until morning. Other than that, you're entitled to enjoy your apartment with TV, showers and music.

Perhaps you should offer them pizza and explain what you're conducting upstairs is normal, daily human activity, unless you're doing all these things at 2 in the morning.

Last edited:
You sound like a great neighbor, and I agree with Andy, you are only making daily living sounds. Living downstairs has its perks (no stairs) but sounds from upstairs would be really be too hard for me to live with. I bet they are convinced you are trying to torture them. Would you rather live downstairs? Offer them a swap?
Anyway, welcome to DC Pook.........join right in, you'll like it here. By the way, what are you making in that blender....huh huh? :)

Last edited:
thanks for the replies.

you don't know half of the problems with these guys. i actually tried using a towel and asked my neighbors to see if they still hear it. they say there's no difference.

what's really sad is they are actually better than the last neighbors. they laughed at my singing.

i really don't know how they can hear me and i really think the last neighbors installed something to hear anything electrical to listen to me. these neighbors just don't realize the stuff is still there and they can hear me.

i guess i'll ask the same question i asked other people, and maybe get a better answer. is it possible to get something that will sheild wires from tapping? not just audio wires aparently but even electrical wires. i don't think the floors are this thin and i really think something else is going on.

i don't know about the shower thing though. i don't use anything electrical there of course. lol.

everyone says i'm paranoid or delusional but i really think something is going on.

Sorry to hear about your problems. You've got strange neighbors. If they're creative perhaps they can turn this torturous experience into a psychological short film. :LOL:

One thing you need to do is stand firm and not let these guys push you around. If they keep nagging you tell them to move. You need to be on top and you don't need a new blender.

Last edited:
we lived in an upstairs apartment for about 10 years. no complaints. the wife got the apartments in a divorce. we got new neighbor, that complained about everything. the wife evicted us. we had found a place and apparently the new neighbor had been calling her about everyone in the complex. day and night. she asked us not to move. to late, we had rented a condo. seems the new neighbor had a problem, not us. i tried to tell the wife that and she said too bad. the eviction notice came as quite a shock. some people just complain about everything. good luck.

guys

hope you had a happy new year

k so i did go to management and told them the situation. i've been having issues with not only these neighbors but the last ones too.

management entered my apartment and showed them the blender and turned it on. they said they didn't think it would be a problem.

with the neighbor's permission management went to their apartment to hear what it sounds like down there. amazingly enough it went through as if there was no floor at all. i might as well have been in their room.

i told management this is what i was talking about. i hardly ever hear them but thye can hear me. there is only one explanation: they have some kind of device in their apartment that can amplify electrical noise.

i made clear that they didn't put this stuff in the apartment. the last residents did and forgot to remove it. those last people were laughing at my singing and i bet they could hear my phone calls.

management didn't listen to a single thing i said. people tend to do that. not sure why. i hope you guys will though.

....there is only one explanation: they have some kind of device in their apartment that can amplify electrical noise.

i made clear that they didn't put this stuff in the apartment. the last residents did and forgot to remove it. those last people were laughing at my singing and i bet they could hear my phone calls.

I have only one explanation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y
Sorry, I couldn't help it, honestly...

Last edited:
i knew someone would say something like that. has anyone had my problem before? i'm really getting impatient.

no

i've been asking the neighbors to look for one and even offered to check myself but they refuse

the neighbors before simply mocked me when i asked them

people told me that it could be the vents but i checked them and there's no device in there

Maybe you should move, who wants their neighbors hearing every fart they make anyway. I would think that by now you would want to move based on the two neighbors being jerks and managment not caring. If it's not the vents, and you don't want to move, try laying some carpets down to absorb some of the noise, putting some thicker curtains on, or trying to fill up your apartment a little better. That should cut down on some of the noise. As for the shower, it is probably the vent that is allowing them to hear you.

What all are you blending?

let me answer that with i don't know

people keep thinking i'm talking about government conspiracies or stuff like that. i don't believe that.

people keep thinking the neighbors downstairs right NOW are spying on me, that's not what i think. it was the neighbors who lived there before.

the reason the previous neighbors are doing this? i really have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom