"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Thanks Fisher's Mom:) am happy for you too:)

Old 10-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #12
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to keltin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Just curious - what cookware do you consider better quality? Calphalon has a 10-piece set for $499, and All-Clad's is $299, while the Rachael Ray set can be had for $199. Gotta say, I'm not crazy about the orange handles on the RR set, though
Whoa, where did you find All Clad for $299???? The cheapest I've seen a 9 piece set is $569!

Old 10-22-2007, 01:34 PM   #13
Executive Chef

My issue with the RR stuff is it's limited. Because it's her "line" there's not a lot of pieces or way to expand the sets. That and the orange handles. What is up with that?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Don't know whether to laugh or not lol Man...I just wanted an opinion on what kind of set to buy...made a decision on the stainless steel..thought I would post what I bought since you all were so nice to help me..and now there are debates on what is better..RR's name is on it and you pay for her name, etc...geez..if you saw what I was using and you had to use it..you would be grateful too lol Anyway...I am happy for me:)
Old 10-22-2007, 01:49 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Roxy, you have to understand, there are a lot LOT of RR haters. Personally, I tolerate her more or less. Also personally, I won't buy any branded by a celebrity product. They have enough money, they don't need mine. They can also be (pun warning) a flash in the pan which possibly limits future additions to sets unlike full blown cookware manufacturers.

People were only trying to help out.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #16
Head Chef

Hi Roxy, I took a look at that set, and I think it looks great. Iíd use it. But, it doesnít matter if I would use it or anyone else for that matter. What matters is that you like it!

The RR set I looked up was priced at $199.00 which is pretty much the standard price for a good 10 piece set. The only decent sets Iíve seen cheaper are by Cuisinart, and even then, the difference in price is only about $40. I donít find the RR set to be over-priced; on the contrary, itís comparably priced to other sets.

So, I say you got a good deal. Enjoy the new cookware!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltin View Post
Whoa, where did you find All Clad for $299???? The cheapest I've seen a 9 piece set is $569!
Oops, sorry, my bad. I did a search for All-Clad cookware on CutleryAndMore.com: Wusthof Knives, All Clad Cookware, Henckels Cutlery, Calphalon, Le Creuset, John Boos & More. and thought all the results were All-Clad - silly me There were some others mixed in there and the brand name was small ... enough excuses for ya? Sorry.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #18
Senior Cook

It really doesn't matter to me if members like Rachael Ray or the cookware I bought or not...guess everyone has their own definition of helping and what is top notch cookware etc. I am grateful to the people who are happy for me buying it and it is alot better cookware than I was using. As far as the orange handles...at least these handles stay on the pans:):) doing happy dance. Just thought I would tell everyone what I got.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:14 PM   #19
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Oops, sorry, my bad. I did a search for All-Clad cookware on CutleryAndMore.com: Wusthof Knives, All Clad Cookware, Henckels Cutlery, Calphalon, Le Creuset, John Boos & More. and thought all the results were All-Clad - silly me There were some others mixed in there and the brand name was small ... enough excuses for ya? Sorry.
Bummer! That's too bad! At the price of $299 for a set, I was thinking I might finally get my hands on some All Clad!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltin View Post
Bummer! That's too bad! At the price of $299 for a set, I was thinking I might finally get my hands on some All Clad!
I know - I have one piece (two if you count the lid ), a saute pan, that is my primary cooking pan. I bought it when I had a freelance Web design client and received a nice paycheck for a couple months' worth of retainer. It was $160 for the one piece, so $299 for a set is something I'd jump at, too.