REALLY not liking my GE Convection Profile Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
Oh- it bakes and roasts wonderfully but, you can't more than one tray or pan at a time.The oven cavity is small width wise and length.The convection fan sticks into the oven and a rack can't be put in the top position because it hits the fan housing and the door won't close.I can't use my large cookie sheets because they don't fit.I have gotten impatient and put them in the oven on an angle only to have chocolate chip cookies bake in odd oval shapes and ball cookies roll to one end of the sheet-of course that's me being stupid and letting my temper get in the way but,it's aggravating- I wish I kept my old oven when we re- did the kitchen!!!We have a big party coming up and I really can't cook anything- two trays don't fit side by side and they are there is not enough space to use two shelves.Can you tell I'm a little frustrated!!!!:mad: My suggestion to anyone in the market for an oven and you like BIG ovens forgo the GE Profile convection/oven combo.Also bring all your pans and baking sheets to make sure you have a good fit!!!!
Thanks for letting me complain!!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Is this a built-in wall oven or onethat's part of a stove?

Most convection ovens have their fans mounted on the back wall of of the units.
I wish you had kept the old one also, just in case you did not like the new one - which you don't.

~Corey123.

It's a slide in unit- with the stove on top.My old oven was a GE profile and I loved it- that's why I went with the GE again.I was planning on keeping the old oven and hooking it up in the basement but a friend's daughter had just bought a house and needed an oven and was already fiancially struggling so I gave it to her.

Oh, those ovens ARE small from the size of the stoves!

And you probably can't even get a large roaster in it either. You might have to reconsider buying a wall oven or at least a large countertop convection oven so that it can help you to be able to accommodate large parties in the future.

Waring has large 0.9 & 1.5 cubic ft. countertop convection ovens for about $300.00 & $400.00. They are available at http://www.cooking.com.

This might help ease your cramped up oven space if youy can afford one.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Thanks Corey for all the info and for listening to me!!!My son is supposed to be moving into an apartment soon and I 'm hoping to get a second oven for the basement when he moves his things out- (IF he moves his things out LOL)!!!Just moved my daughter back from college last night and the basement is starting to look like a warehouse!!!

Yeah, if you do not like your oven, I Hate mine. :angry:

Kitchen Aid gas stove with convection oven, that doesn't convect, so to speak.

I think the product was so bad they’ve stopped making it. Would like to get new stove one of this days.

Corey123 said:
There's no room in the kitchen for one?

~Corey123.
Unfortunately Corey I have a small kitchen.We remodeled it to make it user friendly but it's still small.I really wish I had sacrificed a small floor cabinet and gotten a Viking.Well maybe in my next house - that will be when there is no more tuition payments left for my daughter!!!!:rolleyes:

CharlieD said:
Yeah, if you do not like your oven, I Hate mine. :angry:

Kitchen Aid gas stove with convection oven, that doesn't convect, so to speak.

I think the product was so bad they’ve stopped making it. Would like to get new stove one of this days.
The convection oven works well it's just that you can't put too much in there.There is no way of fitting two roasting pans in that oven at all. I was talked into this oven and am kicking myself for letting that happen yet again!!!:mad:

I think the next time anyone is considering remodeling their kitchen, that they consider getting a cooktop and built-in double ovens.

It allows for better accommodating to large parties and holiday cooking. Before he died, my brother who lived with his wife in South Carolina had a buit-in oven installed in the back room just off the kitchen!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Corey123 said:
I think the next time anyone is considering remodeling their kitchen, that they consider getting a cooktop and built-in double ovens.

It allows for better accommodating to large parties and holiday cooking.

~Corey123.

It would be nice if I had a blank wall to do that with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom