Recommend a food processor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie

Senior Cook
I get to go shopping to find myself a food processor... I haven't had one in a good couple years.

Does anybody recommend a good one to get.. OR not to get??

any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Girl, I got an old Cuisenart that I got many many years ago. Thing still works like a charm after 10+ years. I'm sure someone can comment on the newer models that are out there. I'm kinda behind the times!

ya, I was thinking about that brand... but ya I wonder if the new models are not quite as good

I've had my 11 cup Cuisinart for about 8 years and I use it to death. I have several slicing, shredding,etc. discs to go with it. I also have a flat cover so I don't have to wash the whole dang top when I chop something. I love this food processor but I'm sure there are other good ones on the market. Me? I'll stick with Cuisinart.

ya, I was thinking about that brand... but ya I wonder if the new models are not quite as good

It is hard to say. I probably won't venture down that path till the one I have finally gives up the ghost. And if and when that happens, I'll probably opt for another Cusineart. :LOL:

I'm of no help am I???

I have an old Cuis' 14 cup fp (DLC7 superpro), and all the accessory discs. It works beautifully, and it was a replacement for an 11 cup KitchenAid. I also have a backup, an older (read;made in Japan, not China) Cuis' 11 cup, with accessory discs and the side chute. Having tried KA and Cuis', I like the Cuis' better. And I prefer the older models.

I have an old Cuis' 14 cup fp (DLC7 superpro), and all the accessory discs. It works beautifully, and it was a replacement for an 11 cup KitchenAid. I also have a backup, an older (read;made in Japan, not China) Cuis' 11 cup, with accessory discs and the side chute. Having tried KA and Cuis', I like the Cuis' better. And I prefer the older models.

Me too gadzooks!:ohmy:

The old cuisinart food processors are bombproof and easily found on Ebay and in thrift shops.

They are great! I like the 14 cup model for most households, but the 11 cup model is great also.

I have had my 7cup, 11cup, 14cup, and 20cup model Cuisinarts for many happy years.

I have a Kitchaid Professional 14 cup with two smaller bowls. It really is wonderful, but I wouldn't have spent so much money. It was a gift. It is very powerful and nice to look at, as well.

I have a KitchenAid 9 cup, and it's great! I just got 5 new discs for Christmas, and I'm looking forward to using my FP even more...

This is the only FP I've owned, so I'm not sure if it's an issue with others, but the bowl will leak if you have too much liquid in it. So for liquidy stuff, I just use the blender...

Girl, I got an old Cuisenart that I got many many years ago. Thing still works like a charm after 10+ years. I'm sure someone can comment on the newer models that are out there. I'm kinda behind the times!

I have one of those old ones too Miss Sattie..I think Noah may have thrown it off the Ark -:ermm: It still works on the rare occasion that I want to use it. So I would recommend Cuisinart ---

Has anybody tried the Black & Decker model from Kmart? It cost way less than a Cuisinart, but I'm afraid to open it and find out it's junk and not be able to return it!

No info on the Black & Decker, sorry. My wife got me the KA 14cup Pro with a ton of attachments for my birthday. I love the thing to death, still learning how to use it best and get the hang of it, LOL.
I have two disks, two chopping blades, a shredder disk, an egg whip, and a juicer attachment. It also comes with two smaller bowls and a spatula. So far, all have worked as expected no complaints.

An other vote for the 14 cup Cuisinart...I've had mine for four years, with all the shredder/slicer discs. I use it several times a week, including making brown sugar (regular sugar with a few spoons of molasses), making bread and cracker crumbs, dicing, slicing...it's great. The book that came with it says I can knead bread, but I haven't tried it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom