Recommendations for cleaning Jenn-Air Range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheesecakelady

Assistant Cook
I have a black Jenn-Air range and it is hard to keep it clean. I have tried numerous cleaners with little success. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Part of the range is a removable griddle that is also very hard to keep clean. I have been told that it should not be cleaned with detergents, only water. It always looks dirty and I would like suggestions for that also.

Thanks to everyone in advance,

Cheesecakelady
www.amazingcheesecakerecipes.com

Ha

I have a Jennair also - black enamel and stainless.
Last night I made 3 qts. Chicken Stock - boiled bones for 6 hours,
plenty of spills.

This morning I went to clean the range - first I spray all over with a
solution of 50/50 water/vinegar, let it sit for a min or two and
rub with paper towel. Lots of the drips which had dried up were
still visible so I used some comet on one of those green scrubbing
pads and rubbed away - it did the trick.

I find it hard to keep clean too.

I remember Jubilee used to make a 'Kitchen Wax' - wonder if it is still
around and if it's suitable for range top (all the heat).

I have a JennAir Dual Fuel range. Mine is stainless but the burner part is all the black stuff that is giving you grief. I use a Shaklee product called "Scour Off Heavy Duty Paste." I use it throughout my kitchen for hard to clean spots. Used to use it to clean the oven before the JennAir. It does not scratch, but does get the "yutz" off. Smells pleasant, and is completely biodegradable. totally "green." I've used it for years (it used to be called "At Ease.")

I think you should be able to order it through the Shaklee web site.

I have a JennAir Dual Fuel range. Mine is stainless but the burner part is all the black stuff that is giving you grief. I use a Shaklee product called "Scour Off Heavy Duty Paste." I use it throughout my kitchen for hard to clean spots. Used to use it to clean the oven before the JennAir. It does not scratch, but does get the "yutz" off. Smells pleasant, and is completely biodegradable. totally "green." I've used it for years (it used to be called "At Ease.")

I think you should be able to order it through the Shaklee web site.
I also looking for same information.

I have a black Jenn-Air range and it is hard to keep it clean. I have tried numerous cleaners with little success. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Part of the range is a removable griddle that is also very hard to keep clean. I have been told that it should not be cleaned with detergents, only water. It always looks dirty and I would like suggestions for that also.

Thanks to everyone in advance,

Cheesecakelady
www.amazingcheesecakerecipes.com

What is the griddle made of ?

PS: SC Johnson discontinued Jubilee Kitchen Wax there is
a company in Vermont which offers an (expensive) alternative
http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/...0100/P/1:200:2020:20210/I/f11228?evar3=BROWSE

I tried spraying the black enamel with Pledge in order to protect it.
It seemed to work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom