Repairing a food processor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Could a food processor be repaired if the locking gadget from the bowl is broken? If yes, how?

Last edited:
If the broken part is on the bowl, you can buy a replacement bowl. I don't know if a broken base can be repaired at a reasonable price.

As far as I know all food processors use a safety interlock system ... a tab or something on the bowl or lid presses on a switch located somewhere in the base unit when properly in place.

If the part that broke is on the lid or bowl you can replace the lid or bowl. If the interlock switch in the base unit is broken - they can sometimes be replaced if you can find the part, and that can be a real problem or impossible depending on brand, model and age. If it is the interlock switch you might be able to get it repaired at a small appliance repair shop (if you can find one) but it's probably going to cost you $35-$50 minimum in labor, plus the part.

Last edited:
I believe that all small kitchen appliances, and probably some of the large ones as well, are purposely designed to be "throw-away" items. This is most likely why they tend to expire right around the same time the warranty does. You will probably be able to buy a new one for as much, or less, than the repair place will charge you to fix your old one.

I hate these new systems, they are built to lawyers specifications and become a pain in the butt to use, compared to the twenty five year old models. Gad my old one was so simple to put together and operate and it was safe. The new model, well, I tend to go to the chefs knife or grater unless I need a whole lot of stuff.

However, if the problem is the bowl you can always call the company and see what a replacement would cost.

My guess is you need to start looking for sales for a new one.

Dina, I had the same problem with my Cuisinart a few yrs. ago. It was an old model and is no longer carried. I went to ebay and bid on a bowl and also a other pieces, as they were grouped together. It worked out okay for me.

It's the bowl that broke precisely on the tab that locks it in place. I will go check if I find a replacement bowl. Thank you all.

Argh! It's a Quad Blade and I just checked around for the bowl replacement and it's no where to be found. I'm not happy knowing I need to invest another $100+ in another one.

I googled and found this - YOU CAN GET new parts for Euro-Pro Quad Blade food processor. You can get replacement parts for the Euro-Pro Quad Blade by calling (800)798-7398. It's worth a try!

Thank you so much Kitchenelf! I jotted down the number and will call first thing tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom