Rice Cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott M.

Assistant Cook
Hey gang. I'm in the market for a cood rice cooker. I like cooking sticky rice, jasmine / short grain rice. Can anyone recommend a cood reliable rice cooker?
-S

I had a Hitachi for about 15 years before it gave up the ghost, then I had an Aroma for about 10 years, which I gave to my son when I managed to pick up a Krups Rice Cooker/Steamer/Slow Cooker for half price at a going out of business sale.

If you're willing to invest the money, I'd say the Krups is an exceptional piece of equipment

Never tried the Krups rice cooker but I love my Krups coffee maker. I, too, have had a Hitachi rice cooker for nearly 10 years and I love it. Two pots came with it as well and will make up to 6 cups of rice, I believe. I also have a Hitachi bread maker that is going on nearly 18 years and I still make sandwich bread at least once a week in it now that I'm overseas.

Try a Zojiroushi Rice Cooker. I think they make well-designed rice cookers that you'd LOVE to buy one of them.

I got one. It's a small cute little reliable unit that successfully cooks up to 1-1/2 cups of dry rice and makes 3 cups total of perfectly cooked rice to accommodate up to 6 people at 1/2 cup each..

I love it!! It cooks perfect rice every time.

Last edited:
I have heard good things about the Zojiroushi models as well, but I do not have first hand experience.

I bought their bread machine and love it, so I thought of them for a rice cooker as well.

So far, I found these two products to be very reliable and trouble-free!

That's what I love about this site--you hear about brands,models, sites, etc., that others have tried and had great success with. Far better than a subscription to Consumer Reports. :):)

Epinions.com.

expatgirl said:
That's what I love about this site--you hear about brands,models, sites, etc., that others have tried and had great success with. Far better than a subscription to Consumer Reports. :):)

Also, you can go to this site and get even MORE info on just about any and every product or service imaginable.

Go here; Reviews from Epinions for some info.

Read my review on the small Zojiroushi Rice Cooker that I own. My screen name there is Daquan. Here's the link; Zojirushi NS-KCC05 Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker Review at Epinions.com.

You can even sign up an become a member there. and give reviews on products that you may own!

Good luck!

Last edited:
i've owned panasonics for years
and used them in the thai restaurant i worked in
by the way, which sticky rice to you refer to
chinese sticky rice is just fine cooking in a rice cooker but for thai sticky rice, i prefer the bamboo steamer that looks like a cone

I've seen those big rice cookers in Chinese restaurants that make about 20 cups of cooked rice. Several co's. make them.

Zojiroushi is one of them, and they are also available for home use, but who in the Sam Hill wants to make THAT much rice, unless they're doing it for a large party or a small restaurant?

Back
Top Bottom