"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 10-01-2007, 06:29 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Anything's possible Ducdebrabant. I saw some lady on tv making egg omelettes, quesadillas and burgers on her waffle maker.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdebrabant View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if you could also use them for grits and oatmeal? I wonder if a little trial and error ....
My rice cooker has instructions for those very foods, ducdebrabant.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:38 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
GourmetSleuth -* Oatmeal, Rice Cooker Recipe Found this for your rice cooker oatmeal Ducdebrabant. Enjoy.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I finally purchased a rice cooker since I saw it at Costco (Aroma digital 10 cup cool touch). It cost me about $30.

It is pre-programmed for white rice and brown rice and has a basket for steaming foods. The main feature that I like is the removable non-stick cooking pot for easy cleaning.

I never thought I'd use one, however, I have a habit of putting a pot of rice on the stove and getting absorbed in something else. After burning the rice twice in a week it was an easy decision. The Aroma rice cooker automatically goes into a warming mode after the rice is cooked.

I love it. It was a long overdue purchase. This is the only one I've ever used so I cannot speak about other brands or models.
Aurora, thanks so much for answering my questions about the rice cooker and telling me about yours. I ended up getting an Aroma that looks pretty much just like yours on sale at Target for $30 (closer than Costco). WooHoo! I'm really excited about this - I think it will get a lot of use!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Brand

Where you just lucky or what? The site of Costco doesn't show this rice cooker. Only show two that are both almost $100.

thanks for sharing your purchase. Sure sound interesting and practical.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #26
Certified Pretend Chef

ITK:

The stuff you see online at the Costco website is not intended to be the same as what's in the stores. In fact, store inventory differs form region to region.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Cooker

thanks Andy M AGAIN! Don't you always seem to have to hold my hand? So sorry. It is just that I don't get to shop too much or spend too much time for myself. Have to always depend on you.

Do you like Costco? Have to buy membership to shop there? Just like with Sam's. We hardly go to Sam's but they want to have your identification when you do go there. You got membership at Sam's too? Do you think Costco is better than Sam's? Guess they are about the same. Guess I'll hope that I can get this rice cooker. Seems like good investment. Cooking oatmeal is really plus.

thank you again, Andy M. Till next time.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #28
Certified Pretend Chef

We have a membership to Costco. Have had one for a number of years. We also alternate memberships between BJs and Sam's Club. Of the three, we think Costco is by far the best.

We buy most of our meats there. Their store brand, Kirkland Signature, is consistently of high quality. They offer a wide range of stuff.

Different stores carry different inventories. We are within reasonable driving distance of at least two Costcos. They have very different liquor departments. One has a better selection of wines we like than the other, for example.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Andy M

Thanks, Andy M. Will feel confident that I will use the Costco membership and won't worry about getting membership.And they even sell meat there too. Something I didn't know. Also wine. Sold me already. Curiousity always gets me and when someone I respect approves well I won't lose. Thanks for the time Andy M and I will be back.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #30
Certified Pretend Chef

Good luck!