Roaster Oven-Need help. Anyone have one of these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LisaAC

Assistant Cook
I just recieved a very nice Aroma Roaster Oven and have no idea how to use it. Ok, how I came by this wonderful this is like this...

I posted on freecycle
LINK REMOVED in need of a smaller crock pot or one seperated into sections so that you can cook two foods at once. Well, I had someone message me back saying they had one they didn't use and would gladly pass it along to a good home. While she did say it was large, I had no idea it was this large. What I ended up getting is a NICE, like new, roaster oven.

Now, I just emailed her to see if she still had the instructions because I'd totally forgotten about those, but it looks simple enough to use. But I want to know how to use it properly. The thing is, this is exactly what I was looking at in the store around Christmas time thinking how handy one with all those seperated compartments would come in handy because I could cook an entire meal at one time.

Anyways, I'm hoping for ideas and information on how to use this thing. I've emailed the company to see if I could get a manual from them. Here's hoping.

Any ideas or tips?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I can tell you about the user's manual is that you should check the manufacturer's website and see if you can download one for free. I've done this with many things I've gotten at yard sales, thrift stores, etc.

As for how to use it, mine has been extremely useful at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I only have one oven and, as you know, meals at these holidays usually involve multiple side dishes. All that have to be cooked in the oven.

Last Christmas, I put a green bean casserole, a sweet potato casserole and some rolls in my roaster. I separated the casseroles in layers, using small wire racks, and cooked all of them together.

Worked like a charm.

You can use the roaster like a "giant" crock-pot and cook a large quantity of chili, stew, soup and then serve or freeze as you wish.

It is also wonderful for roasting a large chicken, with veggies, or a turkey.

Once you get your instruction booklet, you will get a better idea of its capabilities.

There are others on this site who have experience with this appliance, too. They will give you additional guidance.

Happy cooking!

But she can only do that for so long.

Websites don't keep that info too long. I know that I've done it with Hamilton Beach. I lost the manual to the waffele maker, went to the site, downloaded and printed the same one. Only to find the original about a week later!

But it's worth a try!

Back
Top Bottom