Rocket Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Has anyone seen this item at all?:ermm:

It's an electric appliance that works and is almost like those healthy-cooking grills, only this is a vertical unit that looks and is used almost like a toaster.

It utilizes waxed grilling pouches which you must use each time you use the machine. It's supposed to cook food faster than other methods. I saw it on display at Macy's. Looks like a waste of money to me!

You can get equally healthy cooking of fish and meat with the George Foreman Grill which I have.

To see what it looks like, here's the website address; Rocket™ Grill :: Sunbeam Products, Inc. ::.

Last edited:
One of those things that will end up at Goodwill or in the back of the closet. I have seen them in a few stores but was only impressed with it's overly gadgety attributes. Kind of like the presto single hamburger press from way back when.

I remember those. They had a D ring that you could lock the handles together with.

Corey, you know I love you.

Don't do it.

Really, think about it. A meat toaster. Take a grill and flip it vertical. Same thing as a grill...jut, um, vertical. Only difference, a straight up grill, things run out, not down all over then off the meat.

I know you love your gadgets but take my word on this, don't do it.

We used to have a vertical griller in the 70's. It was much healthier than the other grills on offer at the time. Today things have improved across the board and healthy horizontal grills are readily available.

The biggest problem I have with products that continually need refills or replacement parts is that if the product stops being made, you are stuck with the product with little hope of buying replacement parts/refills. If the Rocket Grill proves a poor investment for Sunbeam, you end up having to ditch it, even if it works well, just because the pouches won't be available. Just a thought to consider.

Corey, you know I love you.

Don't do it.

Really, think about it. A meat toaster. Take a grill and flip it vertical. Same thing as a grill...jut, um, vertical. Only difference, a straight up grill, things run out, not down all over then off the meat.

I know you love your gadgets but take my word on this, don't do it.

Oh, don't worry. You're right!!

This one will DEFINITELY stay in the store, as I have absolutely NO intention of getting it at all.

Like I said above, the exact same results can be acheived with the George Foreman Grill.

Back
Top Bottom