Scoop'N Grind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petey

Senior Cook
Has anyone tried the Scoop'N grind Handheld Mixer?

Just looking for feedback. I like the idea that you dont have to store it in a closet and it's wireless. I can just keep it in my big spoon drawer near the stove and quickly pull it out and use it as i need it. However, I was just wondering if anyone who's tried it could give me some insight.

It looks interesting but I learned the hard way not to order anything off TV. If you order that you'll be calling your credit card company negotiating charges that you had nothing to do with :mad:

I know that's not what you asked - but...

Now, back to the actual gadget - it does look like it would be useful. I'll have to look at the video to see how easy it is to clean. I'm also wary of things like this that run on batteries. When they start losing power it can be a pain!

It looks interesting but I learned the hard way not to order anything off TV. If you order that you'll be calling your credit card company negotiating charges that you had nothing to do with :mad:

I know that's not what you asked - but...

Now, back to the actual gadget - it does look like it would be useful. I'll have to look at the video to see how easy it is to clean. I'm also wary of things like this that run on batteries. When they start losing power it can be a pain!

The only appliance i've ordered from TV was the Flavorwave deluxe . They sent me two by mistake and only charged me for one :ROFLMAO:

I guess it all depends on the company. One thing i do remember about ordering from TV is that they sell your number to telemarketers and you get those annoying calls everyday.

Thanks for the heads up. :chef:

Wish I could rub your head for luck! What I ordered was $19.99 (light-bulb should have gone off right there) and my credit card got charged 4 times with a $99.99 "membership fee" from other places :mad:

Wish I could rub your head for luck! What I ordered was $19.99 (light-bulb should have gone off right there) and my credit card got charged 4 times with a $99.99 "membership fee" from other places :mad:

Yeah, The Flavorwave was $100. My friends birthday was the following week.
Guess what he got for his birthday? :-p

Take a look at the unit. Since it's cordless, at best it could have 3 "D" cell batteries in the handle, it looks like two to me. 3 "D" cells gets you 4.5 volts with fresh batteries, 2 gets you 3.0 volts, not a whole bunch of juice to run anything with a motor. I'm thinking one or two good grinds and then you are going to make the battery companies rich. Even if it's rechargeable you still won't get long run time with it. It looks like frustrating trash can material to me. Also at $15 + $8 for shipping you are in the price range of a decent immersion blender from the outlet mall. Cordless is over rated. I think the Tim Taylor rule, in this instance, should be adhered to "MORE POWER".

Take a look at the unit. Since it's cordless, at best it could have 3 "D" cell batteries in the handle, it looks like two to me. 3 "D" cells gets you 4.5 volts with fresh batteries, 2 gets you 3.0 volts, not a whole bunch of juice to run anything with a motor. I'm thinking one or two good grinds and then you are going to make the battery companies rich. Even if it's rechargeable you still won't get long run time with it. It looks like frustrating trash can material to me. Also at $15 + $8 for shipping you are in the price range of a decent immersion blender from the outlet mall. Cordless is over rated. I think the Tim Taylor rule, in this instance, should be adhered to "MORE POWER".

That's valuable info! :chicken:

I was weary about the amount of power distributed from a battery operated unit. I just wanted to be certain. I will pass on buying this gadget.

You know.....Looking at the title of this thread one could easily mistake it for an old dance...."Scoop N Grind" :LOL:

I noticed the discussion on our product - Scoop N Grind - and wanted to provide some additional information.

The unit takes AA batteries (8) to achieve 12 volts of power. This is enough power to grind a wide variety of things including; coffee, herbs, nuts or chocolate. For those who don't like dealing with batteries there is also a convenient A/C adapter available so you always have maximum power.

As for cleaning, the product has a very simple and convenient detachable head which can easily be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher.

If you’re not comfortable purchasing on the phone, you can purchase via our official website.

hope this info helps.

I'm always leery of a product that has a commercial/infomertial that starts off with some poor beleaguered woman lugging out a big stand mixer to do a simple task (like grind a couple of garlic cloves) - and she has flour (or some other stuff) smeared on her face before she even begins!

I'm sorry - I really resent my intelligence being insulted ...

The unit takes AA batteries (8) to achieve 12 volts of power. This is enough power to grind a wide variety of things including; coffee, herbs, nuts or chocolate. For those who don't like dealing with batteries there is also a convenient A/C adapter available so you always have maximum power.

It would be nice if that information was readily available on the home page of your website. I looked and couldn't find it. It would also be nice to know the power requirements ... most of us have a lot of old "Wall-Warts" that would probably suffice ... if we knew the Volt and AMP requirements.

Had you advertised it for that it is ... simply a small hand-held battery powerd grinder - I might have been impressed.

Back
Top Bottom