Show Time Indoor Rotisserie and BBQ Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
Does anyone have one of these? MIL gave me one for Christmas and I wondering about how to use it the best way.

Any advice/recipes would be greatly appriciated.

thanks,
Trish :D :D :D :D

A friend of mine has one of these. One of the recipes she uses is: take a 3-4 lb. whole chicken and remove the insides. sprinkle the cavity with garlic salt or powder, depending on your preference. rub the outside with lemon pepper. tie the bird up with a string and and place on the rotisserie. set the time to the appropriate setting according to the manual. hers took about an hour to hour and a half. the chicken was moist and tender. She keeps trying to get me to buy one, but I don't know how useful it would be for a single person.

SierraCook said:
A friend of mine has one of these. One of the recipes she uses is: take a 3-4 lb. whole chicken and remove the insides. sprinkle the cavity with garlic salt or powder, depending on your preference. rub the outside with lemon pepper. tie the bird up with a string and and place on the rotisserie. set the time to the appropriate setting according to the manual. hers took about an hour to hour and a half. the chicken was moist and tender. She keeps trying to get me to buy one, but I don't know how useful it would be for a single person.

Thanks SierraCook, I'll pick up a chicken
when I go to the store tomorrow. The Lemon pepper
sounds good!

We've had a Showtime rotisseries for over 2 years now and just love it. We use it once a week, sometimes more.

Any recipes that come included with the instructions are very basic. What would you like to try? I've done chicken, turkey, beef roast, boneless leg of lamb, stuff filet mignon, beef kabobs, meatloaf, pork chops, pork loin roast, baby back ribs, fish, shrimp, etc.

This is a basic rub recipe that is great for chicken (among other things):

1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon granulated onion
2 teaspoons celery salt.

Combine to blend. Store in airtight container for up to 6 months.

Combine 1/4 cup of the rub with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil until it forms a paste. Rub over the surface of the chicken and brush some into the cavity. Tie the legs together and tie another string around the body so that the wings don't flop. Roast to 175 degrees or about 20 minutes per pound.

To use the rub as a marinade, mix 2 tablespoons of rub with 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup white wine vinegar. Use as a marinade for steaks, chicken or pork.

BlueBandit said:
This is a basic rub recipe that is great for chicken (among other things):

1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon granulated onion
2 teaspoons celery salt.

Combine to blend. Store in airtight container for up to 6 months.

Combine 1/4 cup of the rub with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil until it forms a paste. Rub over the surface of the chicken and brush some into the cavity. Tie the legs together and tie another string around the body so that the wings don't flop. Roast to 175 degrees or about 20 minutes per pound.

To use the rub as a marinade, mix 2 tablespoons of rub with 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup white wine vinegar. Use as a marinade for steaks, chicken or pork.

sounds great!
Thank you all for answering. For dinner tonight I'm doing a pork roast rubbed with garlic salt and pepper and during the last few minutes I'll baste with my homemade BBQ sauce... I'll try your ideas soon! Can't wait. THANK YOU!!!! :P :P

I have wanted one since I first saw it, however, I live alone and placing a single chicken breast on it seems like overkill. Ah well, I will dream of you guys and yours.

That sounds good, pdswife1.

If your pork roast is lean, it is recommended that you brine it first when you cook it in a dry heat, such as a rotisserie, to keep it juicy and tender. A 3 pound roast is recommended to be brined for 4-6 hours.

I found an excellent cookbook, not only for the recipes (300 of them), but also for the rotisserie cooking tips.

It's called "The Ultimate Rotisserie Cookbook" by Diane Phillips.

I have the rotisserie and I love mine! I've done mostly chicken - a simple rub to buy is the Chicken Seasoning they sell at Sam's Club in the big bottle. Rinse chicken and dry thoroughly. Rub inside and out with chicken seasoning - not a whole bunch because it can be pretty salty. Tie legs together and tuck wings beind back.

I've also done a slab of ribs and I've done a leg of lamb. I've also used the top steamer to cook some frozen peas while the chicken cooks.

After the ribs were done I slathered them with a mixture of orange marmalade and horseradish and.....mm.. I know there was something else - I will have to find that one.

Thanks.... I did soak it for about 7 hours.. in pepper, garlic salt, lemon juice and water...

Cooked it for about 15 minutes too long but, it tasted great.

I'll put the recipe for the BBQ sauce on the site in awhile. It really is good.

Back
Top Bottom