Simple question about GE Range.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corkyzok

Assistant Cook
My question is on a GE range Mod JB640DRCC the display in degrees for the oven tempruture is it red or green in color,I tried getting in touch with GE they seem to think its green I need to know for sure ( have a very hard time seeing red numbers) I asked them to send me a picture of the display they don't have any......the control panel for the range is a " Quick Start IV " also all the dealers cannot hook the range up to show me how it would look when using oven. ( they don't have 220v hookup in store , it's like buying a car but you can't start it up ,or sit in it ) If anybody has a GE Range with QUICK START IV,Can you somehow take a picture of the oven display at 350* that would make up my mind on getting this range so we can get baking......Corky

In case someone can't come up with a photo while baking right now, note that this model uses the same display space for times and temperature, and the display, like other GE ranges, is clearly green. This kind of display technology would not be able to display in two colors in the same display array.

Few appliance makers use red displays. Aside from readability issues, the engineers remember that the first displays were only in red, and they associate red displays with old technologies and feel like green is more modern.

I have a GE range. The time is green and the oven temp is red. Yes, two different colors on one display. The range is about 12 years old.

Well, I guess we wait for someone who has one. Interesting problem. I don't think I've ever seen an appliance store set up to demonstrate a range oven. No doubt any dealer with a repair facility could do it, but few will be willing to haul one range to the back just to answer the question.

Thanks the video shows green display for broiler and clock but like my Lousy Maytag it could have the over temp in red, I would really like to see the oven temp display showing me the degrees.. Thanks for searching ....Corky

Thanks the video shows green display for broiler and clock but like my Lousy Maytag it could have the over temp in red, I would really like to see the oven temp display showing me the degrees.. Thanks for searching ....Corky

As I mentioned earlier, my GE has a two color display. All time related info is in green and all oven related info is in red. Broiler info is oven info so I'm confident it will be green. Also, your stove has a display that would show one thing at a time - oven temp or time. My display is wider and shows both time and temp together. That suggests I have two different displays together where you only have one display with a single color.

Good luck with your quest.

I have a GE Profile range/oven and the numbers etc on the display are green.

Back
Top Bottom