Slow Cooker Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milford

Cook
I'm interested in buying this cooker...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Elite-Platinum-MST-900R-8-5-qt-Stainless-Steel-Slow-Cooker-Red/38462792

Here's the silver version...

Elite 8.5 qt. Slow Cooker-MST-900V - The Home Depot

I managed to find and download the manual. It says not to use the Cooker for longer than 8 hours. Why? Isn't that what a Slow Cooker is for? I'm looking at Beef Stew recipes that call for 8-10 hours. I don't get it.

If there is a problem with this cooker, can anyone suggest a different 8.5 Qt. Cooker?

You should contact the manufacturer with that question. If it were me, I'd select a product that suits my needs and not bother with one that doesn't. Saves a lot of time and wasted effort.;)

You should contact the manufacturer with that question. If it were me, I'd select a product that suits my needs and not bother with one that doesn't. Saves a lot of time and wasted effort.;)

E-mailed them last week. Waiting for a reply. And waiting. And waiting. The size suits my needs. Electric roaster a little too big. This one perfect.

That’s a big cooker. We have an assortment but my favorite is this 6 quart that has WiFi. The programs often exceed 8 hours. Maybe use two?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACK-DE...t-Walmart-WIFI-Slow-Cooker-SCW3000S/128745799

My son has this one. I need a larger size. Everytime I make something, I end up adding more meat or vegetables and I run out of room. We had a Farberware 8Qt but the liner cracked. Don't really care for "High Tech". Simple switch O.K. for me.

E-mailed them last week. Waiting for a reply. And waiting. And waiting. The size suits my needs. Electric roaster a little too big. This one perfect.

I don't understand how it could, if it is not recommended to be used beyond 8 hours. But whatever.

My son has this one. I need a larger size. Everytime I make something, I end up adding more meat or vegetables and I run out of room. We had a Farberware 8Qt but the liner cracked. Don't really care for "High Tech". Simple switch O.K. for me.

Well, low tech is hard to find these days. Even the cheap ones seem to have at least a programmable control. Amazon has this Slow Cooker for $46.44. It's 8.5 quart and the timer will set up to 20 hours. It seems to have good reviews.

That's me. If I had a 20 quart one, I would fill it up. More room means more stuff can go in.

Back
Top Bottom