Sparkling water in bread dough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
Sorry guys, I’m loving my bread maker but still figuring out the nuances of baking. I was wondering, what would happen if you used sparkling water instead of still water when making, say, French bread? I could just try it and see, but I’d hate to waste $1.59 on a guaranteed disaster!

well, there will be no disaster, that's for sure. It may or may not help rising somewhat. But no guarantee.

Is there something that you don't like about your bread not that you think bubbly water will cure? I don't have an answer because I've never seen any need for a change. I get good rise with the very hard tap water here.

Is there something that you don't like about your bread not that you think bubbly water will cure? I don't have an answer because I've never seen any need for a change. I get good rise with the very hard tap water here.
No need to make the change, I was just wondering if it might change the texture and crumb to make my French bread more, well, Frenchy (that’s not a word, is it?). I haven’t been having any problem with the rise.

well, there will be no disaster, that's for sure. It may or may not help rising somewhat. But no guarantee.
I’m wondering if it will have any effect on the crumb, actually. The rise hasn’t been a problem. Thanks, though!

Back
Top Bottom