Stick blenders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have the KitchenAid, and we have ended up using it far more than we had ever thought. Ours came with a large plastic container (and lid), so basically any time we want to blend small amounts, it's super handy. Makes pretty good bread crumbs too.

We have got one that also has a whisk attachement which I find really useful - bit more than the hand whisk, but don't need to use the Kenward Chef

pacanis - I use mine strictly like Andy M uses his. Mine doesn't even have other attachments and I don't know that I'd use the others because I have other "tools" to take care of those jobs. Mine doesn't come apart so I simply "blend" a sink or tall glass of hot, soapy water and it cleans right up. :chef:

You don't need to spend much unless you just want all that other stuff.

EDITED to say I went to your link - can I now say "I want one of those"? :blush: pacanis - this is your fault!

Well can I say that I just Googled mini food processor and now I want one of those :LOL:
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this stick blender though. I think I'll use it enough. There's been a couple things that I have had to whisk latley and I remember thinking, what a pain in the butt this is. I just need to add another outlet over by my little prep area and I'll be set.

I have the Braun, and it's worked great for me & very easy to clean. I use the whisk attachment a lot.

I use the mini-chopper attachment more than I even use the stick blender itself!
Had mine about 8 years, love all the stuff it came with and I definately use all of it.

I have the cuisinart that Gettoracingkid put the link in for. No idea what it cost, it was a gift.

I love it.

- All the attachments come off and go in the dishwasher.
- The chopper is very handy (If it helps, I do not have a food processor.)
- But, my birthday is comming up
- The blender part is metal
- It has LOTS of power.

Cuisinart - CSB-77

For those of you with a hankering for a mini food processor, the Kitchen Aid 9 cup processor comes with a 4 cup mini bowl.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Food+Processors&cat=185&prod=611

Can anyone definately tell me if the 9 cup is big enough? Only 2 in the house.

AC

I really love the robot coupe, but, I'm afraid to ask the price. It dices.

I have the Cuisinart Stick Blender with the attachments and I love it! It's got the chopped and a whip.

I am a HUGE user of imersion blenders. I use ours everyday, though it is a macdaddy Robo coupe and would be over kill for the house.

For the house, the market has a multitude to choose from, and I would opt to go for more power then not. THIS is the one we got as a gift and love it.

I have a Braun from way back when immersion blenders first became "the thing". No attachments, no problems, it does what it's supposed to do.

It's not supposed to be a chopper, food processor, or any other jack-of-all-trades. It's supposed to be - & is - an immersion blender.

The problem with the current attachment craze is that you - nine times out of ten - end up duplicating stuff that you already have. Who the heck needs several appliances that can all chop, dice, make pasta, ice cream, milkshakes. Frankly, very few can do superior justice to all tasks. While I'm definitely not advocating buying a separate appliance for every single thing, I am advocating giving serious thought to what each appliance does best & buying accordingly.

That's a nice one, too, TATT. A little pricier, but maybe Amazon has it cheaper. I'll check into it. Thanks!

That's exactly what I said :LOL:
I appreciate everyone's input. I can't wait to try this thing out on chopping things and whisking things.... and maybe even blending things :LOL:

Does potato soup freeze well, suzi?
I'm always looking for a way to use up my spuds before they start looking at me. And now I'll be looking for ways to use my stick blender.

I asked that in a thread.... somewhere....
overwhelming opinion was yes....
but I never had enough leftover after that to try!
If I get to make any anytime soon I will test that theory.
:)

Interesting concept, matching an appliance to your spatulas...:wacko:

Looks like a good one! I'm sure you'll love it.

Interesting concept, matching an appliance to your spatulas...:wacko:

Looks like a good one! I'm sure you'll love it.

Yes. You should really think about redesigning your new kitchen this way :-p
;)

one friend has all the bells and whistles and really likes it, but then again, she has no food froc

Back
Top Bottom