Tailgate Gas Grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daphne duLibre

Washing Up
Requirements are simple -- *G*

No aluminum!

Stainless is preferred, cast iron is second.

I want a gas grill for cooking on the tailgate. 11,000 BTU or thereabouts. Option to put a wok on the grill and stir fry, but first I want to be able to grill a steak or salmon filet.

Weber seems to have a portable grill "Baby Q" at about $129.00

http://www.fogdog.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1786617

Anybody own one?

I own the larger regular Q one and love it. Have taken it camping and works great.:)

Daphne duLibre said:
I have seen this *G* thing on a number of your posts, but I am not sure what it means. I am guessing it is a grin or something like that, but I am really not sure. Can you enlighten me? Thanks :)

I have a Baby-Q and I love it. The automatic ignition thingy conked out on me and I have to light it by hand now, but it still does a very good job for a portable.

My only issue is that it has one burner (circular) so you have to get a feel for where your hotspots are and move your food around accordingly. I would rather have more control by having two burners... but it still works very well for me.

Last edited:
Z, you are so right about the one burner thing. I never realized (until recently) that other gas grills have multiple burners. That said, I still like mine since it takes up less space than a regular gas grill.

I actually talked to Daphne privately and he told me that *G* does in fact stand for grin. He also went on to say that *GG* stands for giggling and someone else pointed out that *BG* stands for big grin :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom