"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 02-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Question The End of A Legend (Looking for Water Jacket for Model K5SS).

The KitchenAid K5SS Stand Mixer is no longer in production.
I thought it was until I visited K'Aid's website and found out that it's not even shown or listed there now
among the current models in production. This leads me to believe that this model is no longer being made. I just bought one new last Friday from Filene's. One of the few new ones still out there.

This particular machine has been in production since probably the '60s and I think it has been sold by the millions. This model and the K45SS were the only two models being made back then.

In the '70s and '80s they practically flew off the store shelves when gourmet / beginner cooks had realized how durable and dependable they were, as they had immediately saw the machines as a chance to broaden & widen their culinary skills. The K45SS Classic model is still in production.

But what I'm trying to find out is does anyone know where I can get the Water Jacket for this particular machine? The one that's available on the co.'s website are for the Pro's 500 and 600 models only.

Is there a website that sells or supplies accessories for K'Aid mixers that are out of production, which the K5SS now is? I'd like to get the Water Jacket for this model, if possible.

The mixer is still available in some of the stores though. I think Ebay might have it, but I'm not sure.

~Corey123.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
Master Chef

I did a quick Google and found a bunch of places that sell replacement parts. I have used one of them but cant remember the name of it.

Here's one of the sites. You should probably shop around .....

Old 02-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Thank you, Jennyema!!

Not only did you furnish a possible website to possibly buy the water jacket for the K5SS, but you've also answered a question that I've been wondering about since I bought the machine!

The epxloded parts list and drawing cut-away shows and officially confirms that there is no plastic cover used for the transmission! This is probably the same type of mechanical setup used for the K'Aid K45SS Classic. Now I don't have to try to go inside to view the machinery. That's great!! At least that part has been put to rest now. Thanks again for your help!

I'm very grateful to you.

~Corey123.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #4
Master Chef

Glad it helped!

I am betting that you will be able to find both mixer and food processor parts for just about any KA that is still in wide use in people's kitchens.

I found replacement parts for my 18 year old food preocessor pretty easily.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Is your food processor a K'Aid?

And BTW, I've ordered and received the water jacket from the website that you gave me, Jennyema. Tried it and it fits!!

Thanks again!

~Corey123.