Thinking about a pressure cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I have ventured out tonight and given it a try. Everything seems to work,but I am just not used to it. I just told my dh I think I am really going to like this.
As far as the non-stick, yes I will be very careful. I have an oblong slow cooker that is teflon and it still looks very good.
I would like to get a cookbook since there are not many recipes in this one.There is one on amazon that has gotten real good reviews.
One of the recipes you posted sounded so good. I'm going to go back and write it down.And the pictures of the potatoes looked wonderful.
By the way -mine is a nesco 6qt.

Once you get the hang of it you will love it. If you google pressure cooker recipes you will find more than you know what to do with.

Also, if you did cook your roast and you felt it was dry, remember, a roast will fall apart when you cook it a bit longer. I still like to cook my roast, even in a PC, for about 1 1/2 hours. You can always check for doneness and keep cooking. Just use the quick release method.

Yea, I was sold about 40 posts ago, LOL. But still working on DW about getting one and having some fun with it in the kitchen.

I'm anxious to cook my roast tomorrow. I'm also anxious to use the steamer for some veggies too. I bought some cabbage and I love to cook it like that. I have used pressure cookers for yrs. but had gotten out of the habit. This will get me back into the habit won't it?

You know you might just be right.:LOL:My kids might expect me to do a lot more cooking for them. Considering that is 9 more mouths to feed I might not can afford it with the cost of food going up.:(

Yea, I was sold about 40 posts ago, LOL. But still working on DW about getting one and having some fun with it in the kitchen.

Yeah, Buddy! You know you want to give one to yourself for "Mother's Day!" You know better than that than to give such a thing to your DW for this occasion. Good.

Appliances/cookware/household tools are not welcomed gifts for Mother's Day unless specified by the intended recipient.

I have never gotten her an appliance for Mothers day, LOL. I usually make her something special or take her somewhere special, and buy her something special. It always has to be something that is not a daily use thing, although she always claims she prefers useful gifts.
Right now I am at a loss, and probably should start a thread to gather some ideas. I don't know what I would make her that would be special enough for Mothers Day, and for her birthday last November I got her an emerald necklace and gold and silver bracelet. I also got her a new make-up kit with the good make up not the cheap stuff, perfume, manicure set, and since she insists on there being something of daily usefulness in there I also got her a new purse.
Now I need to top that...

I just told her the pressure cooker would make a great Fathers Day gift, LOL.
She loved the gifts, but just about killed me over the cost, LOL.
So I need something good but at the same time won't get me killed.... tricky...

Pacanis- I agree with you that it would be nice to have a pressure cooker recipe forum. There are a lot of different ones so what is 1 more.
I know this is one of the best message boards I have ever seen. There is just so much info about anything you want to know. There is always someone to answer your questions too. I have gone on some and ask a question and never get a reply. You all are the best!!!!:):):)

Yeah, it can be daunting trying to figure out he solids to liquid ratio. I got 50 recipes with mine plus the book, which has general guidelines, so I look at this..... look at that..... then wing it :LOL:

I can't say I really like the way it cooks a whole chicken...... When I cook one I will pick at a little here and there off the bird, rather than really treating it like a nice meal. It just falls apart too much for my liking, but the soup/stew you can make from that chicken and veggie mixture is incredible! I try to make a soup from anything I cook in the PC. That stock/broth is really packed with flavor.

OK. Done making myself hungry now :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom