Time for a new coffee maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
This is the one we are thinking of getting... Does anyone have one?
Do you like it? Would you buy it again?

:) Thanks, Trish\

cid:image002.gif@01C6491F.599E7AD0

Capresso 0437.01 Elegance Therm 8 Cup Coffee Maker, Black
Color Choices

cid:image005.gif@01C6491F.599E7AD0

Product Detail
  • 8-cup (40 oz.) capacity for good heat retention.
  • Brews hotter than most thermal carafe coffee makers.
  • Brews with lid on thermal carafe to protect aroma and temperature.
  • Removable water container lets you fill cold water directly into the container. This avoids filling the thermal carafe with cold water and cooling it down.
  • Charcoal Water Filter removes up to 83% of chlorine and other impurities improving taste.
  • 24-hour LCD clock/timer lets you program the Capresso Elegance coffee maker to wake you up to freshly brewed coffee in the morning.
  • Double insulated thermal vacuum glass liner keeps coffee hot for 4 hours.
  • Drip-less pouring spout.
  • Automatic safety shut-off after brewing indicates when to remove carafe and close lid for maximum heat and aroma retention.
  • Drip stop allows you to serve a cup while brewing.
  • New safety filter swings forward. Avoids accidental opening of filter during brewing process.
  • GoldTone filter included (size #4).
  • Quiet brewing system.
  • Solid construction uses extra thick quality plastics to make coffee maker sturdier.
  • Compact, Elegant timeless design.
  • Dimensions = 14in High X 7.5in Wide X 12.25in Long
  • Approximate Shipping Weight = 8 Pounds

folks I know have had trouble with capresso. looks fine brews fine but burns out quickly. Black and Decker still makes one of the best thermal carafe coffee makers. (I'm on my second in 22 years! Buddy of mine has one, as does my sis-she inherited hers from mom!)

Pds,
I'm not familiar with the Capresso, I've had different Cuisenart coffee makers over the years. The last one I loved, but, it annoyed me so that I gave it to my son-in-law and Dh bought me a Hamilton Beach brew master. My problem with the Cuisenart was I'm short and when I'd go to fill the pot it was so high up I had a hard time getting it into the pot without spilling. Everytime I'd make caffee I had to mop up under and around the pot yeeeesh!!
This one, the brew master has a large opening, and is lower..I also like the feature of pressing my cup against a bar and that dispenses the coffee. No glass carafe to pick up and pour from..I didn't think I was going to like the brew master at first, but, I love it..

kadesma:)

My dd just bought one of those that grinds the beans and makes the coffee. She loves it. I don't remember what the name is.

Saeco? Jura?
we have a Saeco and I don't want to miss it... just press the button and get the fresh coffee..

Back
Top Bottom