Time for a new microwave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frozen veggies? Haha!!

To me, that's not really cooking in the microwave, but merely heating them up, since they are already precooked before they are packaged and flash frozen.

But yes, I DID cook spaghetti squash in it eariler in the summer. And even THAT was also steamed.

But I was mainly talking about something like a turkey or a roast.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Well cooking is just heating food up anyway (in a very general sense of course). If you were cooking fresh veggies then you would just be heating them up. The fact that they are frozen shouldn't really matter.

FraidKnot said:
Let's just say, a 13X9 pan will fit but this model has a turntable and no way to turn it off! ARRRRGH! I was budget challenged when I bought the thing and I didn't even think about an on/off switch for the turntable. Otherwise, I could still probably use it to make microwave lasagna. But I'm not sure I'd trust this one to handle a job like that. But if anyone is interested, I'll be glad to provide the recipe! :chef:

I loved my old one and will always have fond memories of it. Not only the temp probe, which was great! I could take an entree I'd prepared and frozen, uncooked, and put it in the microwave before I left for work. I'd set it to start cooking before I got home from work at X temp (or multiple temps) for X time. It would thaw in the microwave while I was gone - no, I'm not paranoid about that - then start cooking and be halfway done when I got in the door! Just enough time for a shower, change of clothes, a glass of wine, and dinner was served! :clap:

Haha!!

FraidKnot, I'm afraid not (no pun intended).

The turntable's motor is permenantly wired to the unit's system in such a way that you have no control over the operation of this rotating part.

It's main purpose is to try to make sure that the food is cooked or heated evenly.

~Corey123.

Not sure if this could work for you model FraidKnot, but you could try taking the turntable out. Removing the ring it sits on. Putting the turntable back in upside down. if you can get the food to sit level on the inverted turntable then that might keep it from spinning.

Never tried it that way.

But I just pulled up the drive assembly that rotates the glass plate, sat the plate back inside and it WILL just sit there and not rotate.

~Corey123.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom