"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 01-07-2004, 08:31 AM   #1
Cook

Send a message via MSN to Sage
Total Chef Countertop Oven...Recipes? (merged)

I have a Total Chef(Christmas gift). It is an infrared heat, conduction and convection counter top oven. I just wondered if anyone here has one and if they would share their recipes. There is also Flavorwave or Nuwave; it's all quite similar. You may have seen it on infomercial.
I baked my bread and it came out perfect. I can't find recipes for this machine, so I'm experimenting. :?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
Assistant Cook

Total Chef Countertop Oven

I've recently resurrected a Total Chef Countertop Oven my parents bought and only used once. The instruction manual wasn't with it and I'm trying to find recipes and how to use it. It looks to be a very basic model with no additional gadgets. Any suggestions?

Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
Senior Cook

You can download the recipe booklet here. I wasn't able to find a manual.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:03 AM   #4
Assistant Cook

Thanks! That should get me started.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

Did you ever get any recipes for your Total Chef Oven? I'm looking for a copy of the manual and some basic recipes for the one I found at my parents. If you can help that would be great.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltcod View Post
Did you ever get any recipes for your Total Chef Oven? I'm looking for a copy of the manual and some basic recipes for the one I found at my parents. If you can help that would be great.
Someone posted this in another thread: Total Chef Countertop Oven...Recipes? (merged)

HTH.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Total Chef Oven Recipes

I, also received a T.C.O. as a gift and thought the Recipe Booklet was somehow lost, or never included. I did get a manual and a xeroxed copy of same. There was also a laminated card enclosed with general cooking times that did not match the ones in the manual. After reading posts from other members, I believe a cook book has never been a part of the package. I did go to the KOOLATRON web site, and found only more devices for sale.

After experimenting for several weeks, though the literature led me to believe that the cooker was faster than a regular oven, that cooking times are very close to my aytag oven...and sometimes more. Last night, I made a 3 lb. turkey meatloaf in the T.C.O., that took 1 and 3/4 hrs. Half way through, I had to place foil over the top so it wouldn't burn. At the moment, I'm trying to dehydrate some apple slices. We'll see how that goes.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

i also have a total chef oven , i called the company koolatron,ca 1 800 265 8456 and they emailed me a recipe book and a owners manual,then just printed the off
Old 03-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

I just picked up one of these Koolatrons at the thrift store (this is becoming somewhat of a fetish for me - "things with cords" start at five bucks and usually don't go any higher than fifteen), and though I've fiddled with it a little, I've got a more serious question now.

Has anyone used it (or one like it) for proofing dough? We're having burgers tonight and I don't feel like driving into town to get buns, so I'm making dough in the breadmaker and figure I should be able to shape the buns and proof them in the convection oven with a pan of water beneath (it came with an extra rack and riser). Looks like it'll hold the temperature at around 100F. My only concern is that the buns may dry out thanks to the warm air circulating from the top, but I should be able to mitigate that with a coat of oil.

Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbslicer View Post
I just picked up one of these Koolatrons at the thrift store (this is becoming somewhat of a fetish for me - "things with cords" start at five bucks and usually don't go any higher than fifteen), and though I've fiddled with it a little, I've got a more serious question now.

Has anyone used it (or one like it) for proofing dough? We're having burgers tonight and I don't feel like driving into town to get buns, so I'm making dough in the breadmaker and figure I should be able to shape the buns and proof them in the convection oven with a pan of water beneath (it came with an extra rack and riser). Looks like it'll hold the temperature at around 100F. My only concern is that the buns may dry out thanks to the warm air circulating from the top, but I should be able to mitigate that with a coat of oil.

Inquiring minds want to know!
Can't help you with this query but I was curious so I googled it. When I saw the pictures I thought I'd tell my fellow Brits that the Koolatron is the same thing as the Remoska which Lakeland sell. (They'll know what all that means!0

I have proved dough in the microwave on the defrost setting when I've been in a hurry. It was OK IIRC but I haven't done it for years and I can't remember how long it took.