Treated myself to a Cuisinart Elite 14 Cup Food Processor..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
I had a good week of playing-gigs so I thought I would splurge and get myself a food processor. I was comparing and checking them out on line and one thing led to another. I bought this one on sale Cuisinart® Elite 14 Cup Food Processor Die Cast - Sears | Sears Canada. I haven't had one for a few years, since I cracked the bowl of my old diesel operated one from world war 2.

The reviews were good and it should be the last one I ever own. At that price, I hope so...:rolleyes:

Good on you Rock
thumb.gif

It looks really good! Not a bad price either

We have a good food processor too...they make life so much easier :)

I had a good week of playing-gigs so I thought I would splurge and get myself a food processor. I was comparing and checking them out on line and one thing led to another. I bought this one on sale Cuisinart® Elite 14 Cup Food Processor Die Cast - Sears | Sears Canada. I haven't had one for a few years, since I cracked the bowl of my old diesel operated one from world war 2.

The reviews were good and it should be the last one I ever own. At that price, I hope so...:rolleyes:
Looks nice. When do you get it? I want to hear all about it in actual use. I have two food processors, but the Braun is on it's last legs and the Iona is kinda wimpy and small.

Thanks. It is a Sears order so I have to wait for delivery sometime this week, or next. I don't know how many times I have wished I had a food processor over the last few years. I am looking forward to the dough function..

Let us all know how you like it. I have a couple of Cuis' FPs, old DLC series. DLC8 11 cup for home and DLC7 14 cup at church. I managed to acquire all the disks and various attachments at thrift stores, but I know I'm running at least three model changes behind the times. I hear the adjustable slicing disk is an excellent new feature.

Have you used it for dough? How do you like the extra bowls? Does that work well?
Bread dough is mostly what I use it for. It really works great for that. The base is very heavy so it doesn't walk around the counter while kneading.

As you probably know, the bowls lock into each other. The concept works well if you are going to use the FP for several tasks in the same prep session. If you plan it right, you can just pop out each bowl as you finish a job and move on to the next one without a rinse. If I'm just using it for one task, then I normally just use the large bowl. If you try to, say, use the middle bowl, you end up having to wash both it and the larger bowl.

Thanks. It is a Sears order so I have to wait for delivery sometime this week, or next. I don't know how many times I have wished I had a food processor over the last few years. I am looking forward to the dough function..

Hope it arrives soon for you Rock :)

Yes the food processors are great at making dough :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom