Uneven burners, how to level?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack V

Assistant Cook
Has anyone experienced a electric stove top burner that isn't level. I put a skillet on top of the burner and any liquid runs to one side. Both of my large burners do this. The oven is level which i have checked and the element is sitting in the drip pan tray correctly. The unit is a Kenmore somewhere around a 98 model. Does anyone have any ideas what to do?

I have the same problem actually... Never found a way to even it as well.

make sure that the burner is sitting squarely on the rim. If it is, and it's still unlevel, you can put a piece of tin foil under one portion of the rim to even it out.

the old coil style electric burner is a pain. I use the steel burner plates available from Nordic Ware. (you may also be able to find cast iron ones) These heat quickly, transfer heat evenly, and are heavy so they hold the burner down...(slight warpage and coil twisting is the usual cause of the uneveness.) THey are an inexpensive upgrade and worth it I think. I turn the burner off about a minute before the dish is through cooking because the plate maintains the heat for a bit.

Yep mine are uneven as well. I have always just dealt with it. I may give the aluminum foil trick a try.

I removed mine and scraped off some build up around where you poke it in... It leveled a bit, but not much.

Back
Top Bottom