Vacuum Sealers - what and how-to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you opt for parchment on a roll, it’s easy to keep it from curling when you’re lining a baking sheet or loaf pan. The rolls are cheaper than the pre-cut.

Just crinkle the paper up and smooth it out!

If you opt for parchment on a roll, it’s easy to keep it from curling when you’re lining a baking sheet or loaf pan. The rolls are cheaper than the pre-cut.

Just crinkle the paper up and smooth it out!

I use Costco parchment on a roll. It's the best parchment I've used. Better than Reynolds and Wilton. After tearing off a piece for a cookie sheet, I just reverse curl it across the edge of the counter. No problem. You can also sprinkle some water on the pan and the parchment will stick to it.

I bought cut sheets of parchment from an online restaurant supply store once and everything stuck to it. I had to toss 200 sheets.

I tear a piece off the roll to fit the shallow baking sheet and 'anchor' the corners down with whatever I'm roasting, or baking - usually veggies and shrimp, or cookies.

Last edited:
Here's the exact brand I got many years ago, and the place I got it from (usually they disappear, being swallowed up by another company!). The price went up 90 cents, in 9 or 10 years - not bad! The paper stays nonstick through the first 5 batches of cookies (only thing I ever do in multiple batches), then starts sticking a little, so I just made it a habit of baking 5 batches, then turning the paper over, and baking another 5 batches.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ba...bun-sheet-pan-liner-sheet-pack/999SLINER.html

This is just over 216' of 16" wide parchment, for $8.89. Any of those rolls out there that cheap?

Last edited:
The value of our Foodsaver came home to us yesterday. Karen made a homemade blue cheese dressing for our wedge salad. The Papillon Roquefort she used had been vacuum sealed a year ago and kept in the fridge. It was the same as the day we bought it.

The value of our Foodsaver came home to us yesterday. Karen made a homemade blue cheese dressing for our wedge salad. The Papillon Roquefort she used had been vacuum sealed a year ago and kept in the fridge. It was the same as the day we bought it.

+1.....

Ross

I got one on Amazon that was under $50. It's the best money I've ever spent. I just cook for myself, so I like to cook a lot of good things and freeze them in portions for one for later another time.

Mind has a "seal" button, a vacuum seal button, a gentle suction button, a button for moist foods, and one for dry foods.

I just froze a bunch more green beans (actually, purple beans), which I blanch a minute, then measure out 12 oz into foodsaver pouches. I freeze them until not quite solid, then vac-seal them - freezing them semi-solid keeps water from sucking out of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom