Views On K/A Food Processors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Does anyone here have one?
If so how well do you like it?

My husband wants to get into the kitchen a little more these days. So I'm looking to buy him a food processor. It's pretty much the only thing this kitchen lacks.

I've had terrible luck with them in the past. We don't get along, never have.:rolleyes:

To suit our family I'm looking at this one. Not the price. Shopping around.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KF...57&sr=1-14&keywords=kitchenaid+food+processor

Kitchen Aid and Cuisinart are the two brands at the top of the list. You can't go wrong with either one. The one you linked is big and should handle any recipe. You'd need at least an 11 cup capacity to handle most recipes.

Make sure he agrees to cleaning it Munky. Unless I'm cooking for a crowd, I'll avoid one at all costs.....hate cleaning it.

Sorry Kayelle. The idea is to make his life a little easier.
That's why we have sons. They can do the clean up:LOL:

I have an 11-cup Cuisinart that I like, but don't use often. Runs like a top, though and is very sturdy. I've had mine about a decade, but it's similar to this one: Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus™ 11-Cup Food Processor - BedBathandBeyond.com I did catch mine on sale, used one of BedBugsandBeyond's 20% off discount coupons, and ended up paying around $100 back then.

FWIW, I have a small Cuisinart mini-prep processor - a 2-cupper. It's going to need replacing because it does get a lot of work, so I've been eyeing their replacement, the 3-cup Mini-Prep. I suppose I got my money's worth for it since I've had it since before 1990 - and I DO use that one a lot.

Does anyone here have one?
If so how well do you like it?

My husband wants to get into the kitchen a little more these days. So I'm looking to buy him a food processor. It's pretty much the only thing this kitchen lacks.

I've had terrible luck with them in the past. We don't get along, never have.:rolleyes:

To suit our family I'm looking at this one. Not the price. Shopping around.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KF...57&sr=1-14&keywords=kitchenaid+food+processor

Munky, I guess I'm just wondering why? Because of what you said, wouldn't it be better if the two of you shopped for a great knife for just him to call is own for helping in the kitchen?

Last edited:
FWIW, I have a small Cuisinart mini-prep processor - a 2-cupper. It's going to need replacing because it does get a lot of work, so I've been eyeing their replacement, the 3-cup Mini-Prep. I suppose I got my money's worth for it since I've had it since before 1990 - and I DO use that one a lot.
I have the 4 cup version. It only holds 2 cups of liquid, though. I found the 2 cup version to be too small, as it only holds 1 cup of liquid. The big Cuisinart is rarely used.

https://www.cuisinart.com/products/food_processors/dlc-4chb.html

I can't imagine not having a food processor. It's the one appliance I use the most.

I agree with Andy. An 11 quart cuisinart or kitchen aid is the way to go.

It goes in the dishwasher for the most part but I have always found them super easy to hand wash when needed. Easier than most things.

I bought my first food processor, a Cuisinart, in 1978 and used it (a lot) until two years ago when it finally just couldn't keep up and replacement blades were no longer available. Glenn bought me a newer model with a larger capacity and multiple work bowls. I love, love, love it. Easy to use and I've had absolutely no issue with cleaning any part of it.

I don't know where Glenn bought it or how much he paid for it because it was one of my Christmas gifts. I just know it's a workhorse and I really like it. For a look-see, here's what I have.

Actually, this may not be exactly the one I have because ours has 3 work bowls. This one seems to list only two.

Last edited:
Munky, I guess I'm just wondering why? Because of what you said, wouldn't it be better if the two of you shopped for a great knife for just him to call is own for helping in the kitchen?

Why? Because the last 2 that I've had were cheap. I've been put off by them for years. Cheap motors,gaskets. Can't even remember the name brands. It's been that long.

Now that he wants to be in the kitchen more I want to get him a top notch food processor.
It's going to be nice having some company in the kitchen for a change. Looking forward to getting a new one.

Glad you cleared up the "why" Munky, as that just wasn't clear at the start. If he wants one, by all means get the best available. There's nothing more wonderful than having a happy cook by your side in the kitchen. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom