Viking Stand Mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The episode where he had that problem with the bowl not coming off the Viking mixer is on.

The one that Bobby Flay used was ok. It was Emeril who had the problem.

Corey123 said:
The episode where he had that problem with the bowl not coming off the Viking mixer is on.

The one that Bobby Flay used was ok. It was Emeril who had the problem.

I've seen them both have problems .... with both the Viking and the KA. So, what does one of them having a problem have to do with the quality of either machine????

Gale Gand ... who uses Hobart N-50 mixers in her kitchen has a problem with using them "backwards" in "TV cooking demonstrator mode".

Last edited:
The Viking mixers seem to be more problem-prone than K'Aid and others.

Have you ever had or heard a bowl getting stuck to the base of a K'Aid mixer, if you have one? Probably not, and chances are, you may never hear of it.

There are several members over at Epinons.com who have written reviews complaining about their Viking / Delonghi Stand Mixers, saving that plastic parts have fallen off and keep on falling off for no apparent reason. And that the motor labors even with light mixtures. Or that it just gives out completely for no apparent reason.

These members, some of them at least, have said that their next mixer will not be a Viking. They are looking into getting a K'Aid Stand Mixer.

I'm not saying that K'Aid is completely problem-free, but the chances of them breaking down at all are far less than Viking / Delonghi. And believe it or not, I once thought about getting a Viking untill I read those reviews at Epinions.com.

Then when I saw that episode of Emeril Live with him having that problem of the bowl becoming stuck to the base, I just said; "no way will I go through that! Scratch Viking off the list!!:

Last edited:
Michael in FtW said:
I've seen them both have problems .... with both the Viking and the KA. So, what does one of them having a problem have to do with the quality of either machine????

Gale Gand ... who uses Hobart N-50 mixers in her kitchen has a problem with using them "backwards" in "TV cooking demonstrator mode".

I've seen Sara Moulton use an N-50, on her show Sara's Secrets on the Food Network, and she did the same thing.

And BTW, I was watching an episode of Bobby Flay's show Throwdown the other evening. The title of the episode was Donuts, where he competed with a well-known donut maker.

Flay had used a Viking stand mixer, and believe it or not, he couldn't get the bowl off again!! It became stuck to the base, and he literally had to pick up the whole machine and turn it over to empty the dough from the bowl!!!

I saw this with my own eyes!! More proof that the Viking Mixer is no good and is a piece of crap!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom