vintage looking ranges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephbain

Assistant Cook
I'm trying to find a new oven (range) that will go in an old farmhouse and not look out of place. I would like to find one that is new but looks vintage. I have found some really nice ones -like the elmiras, but I need to spend less. Definitely under $3000, preferably under $1500. -and it needs to be a 30 inche electric. does anyone have any suggestions???

Check out AGA:
inside.asp

The Aga Legend: Radiant Heat Cooking: Ranges, Ovens, Stoves

These look kinda cool. Have never dealt with the company though.

Love the look of those stoves .40 !!

What I wouldn't give for my mama's 50's something stove with a wonderful griddle in the middle. She won it at the local county fair in exchange for a several day bake off with her blue ribbon lemon pie!! I can still recall the neighbors on the sidewalk watching it being delivered.......what a sweet memory of my darling celebrity mama. :flowers:

Love the look of those stoves .40 !!

What I wouldn't give for my mama's 50's something stove with a wonderful griddle in the middle. She won it at the local county fair in exchange for a several day bake off with her blue ribbon lemon pie!! I can still recall the neighbors on the sidewalk watching it being delivered.......what a sweet memory of my darling celebrity mama. :flowers:

Awww! AWWWW! See, things like this make me reluctant to part with my ancient 1940's Caloric range. I just cannot give it up! My problem is finding someone who can come give it a look over. I have one burner that does not work, but cannot seem to find anyone in the area to repair it, and I do not wish to send it out without knowing the cost up front. But as ranges go, it is just AWESOME.

Thanks for sharing your momma's stove memory, Kayelle.

~Kathleen

Thanks for the help. I just joined this site and had no idea I get so much response :) The AGA ranges would look really nice in the house but I didnt see a 30 inch. The northstar retro stoves would look good as well though and they do have the 30 inch so I'll probably look into those. Thanks! Let me know if anyone runs across any others!!

Back
Top Bottom