"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 09-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Thanks so much for all the information everyone! I probably won't use the warming tray on top. I had no idea what it was. I thought maybe you put water in it and it helps in cooking the meat. Yeah I know, that doesn't make any sense...LOL! Thanks Keltin for the additional cooking times/temp. I really appreciate it! Can't wait to give this a try tomorrow. I think I'll try a small chicken.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Well, I tried this item out today and I'm not too impressed. I cook whole chickens on my BBQ and they are much better. I guess this is headed for a charitable organization. Thanks for the replies.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #13
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bforenow View Post
Well, I tried this item out today and I'm not too impressed. I cook whole chikens on my BBQ and they are much better. I guess this is headed for a charitable organization. Thanks for the replies.
Plus the BBQ is easier to clean !!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #14
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Quote:
Well, I tried this item out today and I'm not too impressed. I cook whole chikens on my BBQ and they are much better. I guess this is headed for a charitable organization. Thanks for the replies.
Don't be carting it off to the Starvation Army so quickly. You may change your mind about the barbeque come February.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

LOL. I don't know, freeze my buns off grilling in Feb., or mess with this huge dinasaur of an appliance. I think I'm probably going to pass it on to someone that will appreciate it more than me. I don't know if those new-fangled rotisseries are any good, maybe that's something I'll look into.
My mother in law also gave me a Nesco roaster oven, along with this rotisserie. I made a delicious roast with it. THAT's a keeper.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
My mother in law also gave me a Nesco roaster oven, along with this rotisserie. I made a delicious roast with it. THAT's a keeper.
You'll come to appreciate the Nesco roaster when Thanksgiving rolls around...assuming you are in the U.S. I used mine last year to bake my sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, extra stuffing and heat bread, all at the same time. We have only one oven, so it was a godsend.

I just separated the casserole dishes with a wire rack (turned it into 2 layers) and heated everything just fine. Will definitely do it again this year.