"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
Sous Chef

Vita Mix question

Hi, everybody! I have a question...I have a Vita Mix 5000, with 64 oz. container, and have seen a 48 oz. square container, looks like a Blendtec container. I have read that this square configuration creates a vortex that pulls ingredients downward into the blades and requires no pusher, or accelerator, as VM calls it. Has anybody here tried one of these containers with their Vita Mix, and with what results? Like it better? Same? Meh? Thanks!

Old 08-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

We have had our Vita Mix 5000 for several years. It is a very good machine. It came with the 64 oz. container and we have never had to use the pusher. There are wet blades and dry blades for this machine. The wet blades are designed to draw the ingredients downward. The dry blades force the ingredients upward. I have also read that the blades are not interchangeable between the 64 oz. and 48 oz. container. If you do buy the 48 oz. container, be sure it comes with blades.
Good Luck!
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote