"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 10-13-2006, 04:59 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Send a message via MSN to C-Mart
Further Update: Picked up the Waring Pro Waffle Makers last night and tried one out... Wow, its amazing! I've never had a waffle maker work this well. I let it heat up, spray it with cooking spray, put the batter in, close it, rotate it, wait for about 2 minutes until it beeps 3 times, rotate it back, open it, and vioala! virtually perfect every time!!! We'll see how they perform under pressure - or rather how I perform under pressure - this weekend at the brunch.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:15 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

Could someone please explain to me why the flipping yields more even cooking?

Old 10-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
Could someone please explain to me why the flipping yields more even cooking?
This is my understanding, based on experience - just in the last 2 days. With the non-flipper, you pour the batter in and it starts to cook on the bottom before the top gets closed, so the bottom gets more done than the top. Additionally, if you don't put in enough batter, then the waffle doesn't rise enough to fill in the top grid. With the flipper you still pour into the bottom, so the bottom does get a little more done than the top, but when you flip it, the batter will flow into the top grid and fill it out better.

I can only see the necessity of it with belgian waffles, as traditionall waffles don't have the deep grid that the belgians do.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #14
Head Chef

I have a Krups Waffler and I love it so because it is coated with teflon and so easy to clean.

Check the prices at the various stores and I definitely agree with Gretchen about going to Costo if there is one near to you. Their prices are the best and they usually have a large assortment.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #15
Executive Chef

I own the Hamilton Beach Stix Waffle Maker.

It produces great tasting waffles that can be broken to look like wavy sticks.

~Corey123.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #16
Senior Cook

I understand that the flip waffler
is better for Belgian waffles. for
plain ole regular waffles how did the round cusinart do and which one would you say is best ? I have the cusinart and I am thinking of getting another for when we have guest. The one I have is probably almost 10 years old.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:28 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

I gave my dad a regular cuisinart waffle maker a couple of Christmases ago, and though I have never experienced its bounty, he says that it works great.

The Waring Pro waffle makers worked like champs at the house-warming party this weekend! I couldn't be happier with how they worked, and now I have my own great belgian waffle maker for future use - way future, cause I'me sick of waffles at the moment! ;)
Old 10-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #18
Executive Chef

I don't really care for Cuisinart these days.

Conair makes their products now, and they just aren't the way they used to be. It was better when they, themselves, made them. I now call them Crapinart.