Week without a fridge...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
We had company last week, and the day they arrived, the house was clean and the food all organized...then the refrigerator died, THAT DAY!

Fortunately, the are good sports, and we have an extra fridge and freezer in the garage. It did put a damper on the gumbo, but we still had a huge bunch of fried oysters, a baked ham, and a terrific breakfast out at the local mom and pop place. Oh, and Pink Stuff! Who doesn't love Pink Stuff!

I remember back in 1969 my parents had friends come to stay for a week. They had 3 kids, we had 3 kids with one on the way. We had a tornado go through their second day there. No power. On a septic system so no "facilities". The only good thing was we had just gotten an above ground swimming pool filled with spring water the day before. It hadn't been treated yet so we used the water from the pool. Dad pulled out the camp stove and we ate pretty good. We "camped" inside. The new preacher had just moved to town and we hosted a party for his family too. It was a very memorable trip for all of us! I figure if you can't roll with the punches, I don't want to be friends. Glad you had fun anyway!

If you had another refrigerator, how is it you were "week without a fridge"? :huh:
I have no idea what pink stuff is either. Cotton candy? Mold? :LOL:

Do the Americans keep the Pepto Bismol in the refrigerator? I did not know of this.

Your friend,
~Cat

No, I don't.

Hmm. Constance went away. What else could be pink stuff? I have no clue.

Last edited:
Oh, and Pink Stuff! Who doesn't love Pink Stuff!

Is that that pinkish party dip that's pretty good with crackers? I have no idea what it's called or what's in it. My brother serves it at his parties. I think Costco sells it, maybe not. It's pinkish in color. It's pretty good tasting. Did I guess right I wonder?

Last edited:
Is that that pinkish party dip that's pretty good with crackers? I have no idea what it's called or what's in it. My brother serves it at his parties. I think Costco sells it, maybe not. It's pinkish in color. It's pretty good tasting. Do I win?
Are you thinking of taramosalata? The Greek fish roe dip. It's pink.

Are you thinking of taramosalata? The Greek fish roe dip. It's pink.

It's pinkish but maybe tending towards the orange side of pink. It's not an extravagant dip and not really fishy tasting. I was just guessing. :unsure: I keep forgetting to ask my brother what that dip is called.

Last edited:
It's pinkish but maybe tending towards the orange side of pink. It's not an extravagant dip and not really fishy tasting. I was just guessing. :unsure: I keep forgetting to ask my brother what that dip is called.
Taramosalata isn't very "fishy tasting". It's a "soft" roe flavour. My favourite way to eat fish roe. I like it better than caviar.

Back
Top Bottom