What a rip off - no mixer cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just bought a KA 600 Pro (paid $335) with a free cover and 1 free attachment offer (I picked the slicer/shredder). They were only giving away the covers in pretty pink. Problem is, I'm a boy and I only like boy colors.
Besides, since these covers are designed to fit the standard size mixers they come up about an inch short at the base. I think I'll use this cover for something else.
My new mixer in copper pearl is too pretty to cover up anyway....:)))
Besides, since these covers are designed to fit the standard size mixers they come up about an inch short at the base.
I could sew a ruffle on the bottom for ya. Ducking and running. :whistling

I could sew a ruffle on the bottom for ya. Ducking and running. :whistling
Thank you, but that would be so girlish and it wouldn't be me. :LOL:
But I do know a couple of guys who probably wouldn't mind having ruffles sewn in....:)

Here's the free cover I got:

Attachments

• P1050522.jpg
    P1050522.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 212
No wonder it's pink! It's in support of Breast Cancer research! But, yes, I can see why you don't want it. You could always sew on a patch that says, "Save a Life, Grope your Wife!" or "Save the Ta-Tas!"

Should I make you one in support of Testicular Cancer research that says, " Go Nads!"? In a sedate brown of course!

All things in quotes do exist @ the Save The Ta-Tas Foundation in support of Breast Cancer Research...PM me for more info.

I'm not part of it.....all I have here is a pink mixer cover that I don't know what to do with....:LOL:

I have an idea, roadfix. Why don't you auction it off and give the proceeds to breast cancer research! You would be ridding yourself of an eyesore and supporting a great cause.

Isn't that the same thing? It is already a Breast Cancer cover which means money from KitchenAid went to the charity for it. They won't want it back, but they could sure use the money it could bring in.

No, I meant donate it to a thrift store. They will sell it there and the money goes to charity. That avoids having to auction it off on eBay.

In this case, not having a cover isn't a problem... it's an opportunity. Learn to sew.

If you make your own cover, you can have it any color, material or design you want. And if sewing intimidates you, find a person who will work with you and make it a learning project. Have fun!

That's my favorite way to recycle. I would probably buy it and cut it down to make a cover for my sewing machine.

Speaking of recycling, I get my neighbors to give me their used clothes so I can scavange fabric for sewing. What I don't use is placed in a bag downstairs for anyone else to take. Everything is taken by them or for their families. Nothing goes to waste.

You should always have a cover for your appliance.

Care to expand on that, Spork?

I mean yes for food save reasons you should cover them, but whether my appliance is covered or not, I still give it a good wipe down with hot soapy water or a disinfecting wipe before I use it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom