What a rip off - no mixer cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debraj

Assistant Cook
After months of hints and veiled threats my husband finnaly bought me a 6qt kitchen aid mixer.I really love it,I however have one major gripe.Kitchenaid dosen't feel a need to make a cloth cover to fit my new $350.00+ mixer.I think that a $40.00 cover that kind of covers it just dosen't cut it.I guess that mabey I just bought a KA prototype and after they sell more than mabey 10 of these 6qt mixers they might actually make a 40.00 dollar cover that fits it.

After months of hints and veiled threats my husband finnaly bought me a 6qt kitchen aid mixer.I really love it,I however have one major gripe.Kitchenaid dosen't feel a need to make a cloth cover to fit my new $350.00+ mixer.I think that a $40.00 cover that kind of covers it just dosen't cut it.I guess that mabey I just bought a KA prototype and after they sell more than mabey 10 of these 6qt mixers they might actually make a 40.00 dollar cover that fits it.

Figures! I didn't like the prices, so I just bought a pretty pillowcase that matched my kitchen decor, for a cover.

You mean to cover the whole mixer? Why would you want to cover that piece of art? Lucille is proudly on display on the counter. :)

You mean to cover the whole mixer? Why would you want to cover that piece of art? Lucille is proudly on display on the counter. :)

No counter, just some open shelves and dust. The kitchen has no ventilation unless I open windows, so yes, my silver beauty remains shrouded. When I use her, I get a plywood box out I made to fit over the stove.

If you saw my kitchen, you would goggle at what I can create out of the shoebox!:)

I know what you mean, Frank. The Brute has his own area in my pantry, but never spends much time there as he is usually working. He has a nice spot on the counter near the window where the sun sparkles on his shiny brushed metal exterior. :chef:

I doubt they will come out with a line of covers for the 600 watt/6qt models any time soon. This is the "Pro" series for home use and most professional machines do not have covers. But this is just MHO.

Sparky (5qt HD Lift) has a spot on a SS metro rack. Since we use it at least 2 or 3 times a week. Doesn't have time to collect much dust.

I'm thinking about asking for one of these for Christmas!

Forty, that's a fine example of the danger in men in the kitchen. :LOL: Who'd a thought there was any such thing?

I have a rack in the basement for appliances and other things cooking related. I don't want to try and lug Lucille up and down the stairs.. she is not light.. toned but not light.

I have a rack in the basement for appliances and other things cooking related. I don't want to try and lug Lucille up and down the stairs.. she is not light.. toned but not light.

Mine, gotta come up with a name, is on a shelf waist-high so I can get a good grip and hug it as I lug it! It's an Artisan, so I also have to make sure it's locked before I pick it up.:ermm:

I keep Bessy right out on the counter, she is part of the Kitchen Decor. I don't keep any other appliances out not even a toaster. I don't drink coffee, so the coffee maker lives in the pantry (parents use it when they visit).

Bessy has been a faithful kitchen companion for 16 years. She is an ultra power, black with the tilt head.

I just bought a KA 600 Pro (paid $335) with a free cover and 1 free attachment offer (I picked the slicer/shredder). They were only giving away the covers in pretty pink. Problem is, I'm a boy and I only like boy colors.
Besides, since these covers are designed to fit the standard size mixers they come up about an inch short at the base. I think I'll use this cover for something else.
My new mixer in copper pearl is too pretty to cover up anyway....:)))

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom