What appliance do you use the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

most used appliance

• Total voters
If e are including large appliances, then I think my refrigerator is used most often, then my stove, I voted for food processor.

I picked other just because I know I use my chopping board and butcher knife more than anything in that kitchen. I have a stand mixer...I use that for pie crust and some doughs... food processor maybe 2-3 times a month...frother...don't have one...so I don't use one..I have a whisk.
I would like to get a food saver...

I voted for other. I use my refrigerator more than anything other appliance.
:rolleyes:

I voted mixer cause I didn't have the other two, considered stove for other. Should have read your post first though, I would have to agree the fridge cause technically it runs night and day...:)

I don't have any of those items mentioned!!

I would have to say (fridge - if looking at that large) microwave and then the water cooler, then sandwich maker and toaster. Bringing up the rear is the stab blender. Lolling uselessly in my cupboard is also a blender and a citrus juicer (just next to the cordless iron).

My kitchen is set to manual.

Can I PLeeeeeZZE ask someone what a foodsaver is?? No idea here from someone in Australia, sorry I have never heard of them. Maybe we call them a different name here.
Thanks for any help.

Myer and David Jones have them and I think they have them at Kmart too.

I lurrv my mini convection oven that I received from DMIL for christmas and my slow cooker, love my milkshake maker too.

I use my pressure cooker the most, followed by my food processor and then my stick blender which also has a small food processor attachment. Anyone who shuns appliances much have much more time to spend in the kitchen than I do.

But I suspect that the appliance that I really use most is my refrigerator, as most of you do, too.

People People People...KNIFE... bet you have one in your hand right now. ok ok the poll says appliance, so you got me...one quick question.. how do I change profile to say Executive Chef? Thanks

People People People...KNIFE... bet you have one in your hand right now. ok ok the poll says appliance, so you got me...one quick question.. how do I change profile to say Executive Chef? Thanks

If you are talking about what is says under your name when you post, you can't change that. It changes automatically the more you post.

Anyone who shuns appliances much have much more time to spend in the kitchen than I do.
Not necessarily. I have neither the money to buy these things nor the cupboard space to store them. Without the money or the space, time is the only thing I can make an allowance for, but I also choose recipes that aren't time-hungry.

My most used appliance is probably my KA immersion blender, I use it to make my kids smoothies every morning. I also use it a lot in the winter for soups. After that the next most used appliance would be my KA stand mixer and then maybe the toaster.

My most used appliance is definitely my Cuisinart toaster oven. I don't use a separate toaster so we often use it just for toast. Also, since there are only two of us, I usually use it for heating leftovers, toasting sandwiches, making garlic bread, etc. I LOOOOVE my toaster oven and I'm sad that is starting to look very beat-up.

Coffee grinder, twice a day. For small appliances anyway.
Then maybe the crock-pot lately. That will stop as soon as it warms up.

I was wondering if an electric kettle was classed as an appliance and i now see someone has mentioned it, I second it as the most used appliance in my ketchen by far!

FM you got me beat, I have more achieving to do! But you have more kids, you would need more coffee.... it's all relative. :)

Stove
Immersion Blender
Coffee Grinder
Coffee Maker
Pressure Cooker
Oven
Stove Top Grill Pan

I also use my warming drawer a lot. It's a very handy device and I normally make food and keep it warm in there so it's at the right temperature for serving.

1. Toaster oven
2. Microwave
3. Crockpot
4. Food Processor
5. KA Mixer
6. Mandoline

Being single it is more practical to cook things in the toaster oven then the regular oven. The microwave is mostly for reheating leftovers. The crockpot is my saving grace. It is so great to have a meal ready when I come home from work. The food processor is mostly used to make salsa or pesto. The mixer usually for cookies or breads. I just got the mandoline, so I need to experiment with it more.

Back
Top Bottom