What are some good slow cookers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbler33

Assistant Cook
Hi, I'm interested in purchasing a slow cooker. I have read on these forums that the newer models are not true slow cookers as they cook the meals way too fast. Are there any newer models at all that would be considered real slow cookers? The new Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget model seems to allow you to control heat but I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

Any brand other than the RIVAL "Crock-Pot®" IMHO since it intentionally runs way too hot for a slow cooker. I personally am prejudiced towards a Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 which I would love to get, but my regular Hamilton Beach just won't break down so I can get a new one. :LOL:

The complaint I hear about the 3-in-1 is forgetting to change the switch setting for the size of pot being used.

My slow cooker is awsome, but it runs a little -hot- for my likeing. But it's great. It has 3 settings ///high/med///low ...It's a HamiltonBeach. Anytime your cooking anything...in anything. You always need to make sure to keep an eye on it. But.. mine has also a automatic shut off after 4 hours. :)
Good luck and enjoy whichever slow cooker you choose...youll love it!

I have 3 slow cookers, one Rival and two Hamilton Beach. The Hamilton Beach are awesome, but the Rival which I have had for 10+ years has always run too hot so I only use it for short cook times. I am partial to Hamilton Beach!
I had all 3 going for Thanksgiving dinner this year, the turkey came out awesome, so moist. Did dressing and a creamed corn in the other two.

I've never known a slow cooker to have a shut-off after 4 hours. What purpose would that have if most cookers go for 8-10 hours?

It has a little updown button on it too where you can adjust the time. But if you just hit the on and temp it will shut off after for hours. Unless you adjust the time. Should of been more clear on that I guess! LOL :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom