"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #91
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have a toaster with a bagel setting, only toasts one side. My regular toaster has more settings than my toaster oven.
We gave our toaster oven away and bought a regular toaster with several settings, bagel being one of them. Now we get toast that looks like toast, and when not being used it's easy to store on a shelf in the pantry with several other irregularly used items. It frees up needed counter space for other uses, and I don't really mind using the regular oven (gas) for all of my baking/roasting.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:33 PM   #92
Sous Chef

I just want to make mention, although I moved from my Borner V slicer to a Genius Plus V slicer, I kept the Borner Wafer/ Waffle slicer that came with it. A totally cool little tool.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #93
Assistant Cook

I'm a bit of an appliance addict, so can't decide on my 2 favorites. Here's a few I really enjoy: Breville convection toaster oven, Zojirushi rice cooker, Technivorm Mokkamaster coffeemaker, Vitamix blender, Viking portable induction cooktop (it sits on one of the stove burners under the stove vent, don't forget and turn on the stove!), Breville variable temperature electric water kettle, immersion blender, Anova immersion Sous Vide, and Food Saver vacuum sealer.

Expensive appliances I bought and hardly ever use: Philips Smart Pastamaker, Breville Sous Chef food processor, Kitchen Aide mixer (not much of a baker, I guess), Breville Smart Deep Fryer, and Zojirushi bread maker. I haven't given up on using any of these yet; I just haven't had much time while working so much.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:15 AM   #94
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricelover View Post
I'm a bit of an appliance addict, so can't decide on my 2 favorites. Here's a few I really enjoy: Breville convection toaster oven, Zojirushi rice cooker, Technivorm Mokkamaster coffeemaker, Vitamix blender, Viking portable induction cooktop (it sits on one of the stove burners under the stove vent, don't forget and turn on the stove!), Breville variable temperature electric water kettle, immersion blender, Anova immersion Sous Vide, and Food Saver vacuum sealer.

Expensive appliances I bought and hardly ever use: Philips Smart Pastamaker, Breville Sous Chef food processor, Kitchen Aide mixer (not much of a baker, I guess), Breville Smart Deep Fryer, and Zojirushi bread maker. I haven't given up on using any of these yet; I just haven't had much time while working so much.
Is there anything left in the appliance store?
Old 09-16-2017, 02:29 AM   #95
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Is there anything left in the appliance store?
Ha! Not really
Old 09-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #96
Senior Cook

I just bought a Zojirushi bread maker. The small one , because there's only two of us. It hasn't arrived yet, bu I'm very excited to have fresh warm bread!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:21 PM   #97
Senior Cook

I love my immersion blender. Making creamy squash soups and smooth tomato sauces can't get any easier, and there's no food processor or blender to clean. It's also essential for making a two minute hollandaise sauce.

And I love my vacuum food sealer. Just because it makes sense!
Old 09-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #98
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoel View Post
I just bought a Zojirushi bread maker. The small one , because there's only two of us. It hasn't arrived yet, bu I'm very excited to have fresh warm bread!
This one?

Old bachelor cook
skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #99
Assistant Cook

Definitely Kenwood Blender, and Kitchenaid mixer
Old 10-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #100
Assistant Cook

Thumbs up My two favorite kitchen appliances

My two favorites would have to be our turkey roaster, a Hamilton Beach large roaster, which I use outdoors all summer long so I don't heat up the kitchen. I have baked cakes and pies, made everything from roasts to lasagna, baked potatoes and squash, you name it.

The other new favorite I have recently discovered is the casserole sized crock pot. I want another one!! It's just my husband and I now, so I often make casserole type dishes because he loves things all mixed together. I'm glad he grew up that way because between trying to run my business at home and take care of him in the food department, sometimes throwing everything together is the only way to go. It also has a warming feature so I use it to keep things warm (like buns) while I do other things on the stovetop or in the regular oven. This is a crock pot, so it doesn't start cooking immediately, and things can cook all day long, if necessary.

Tags
appliances, kitchen