What is the built in griddle on my stovetop for?! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebecks99

Assistant Cook
Hi! I am new :)
We bought a house 3 years ago w/ Kitchenaid appliances. I have a gas range w/ a griddle in the middle. I have absolutely no idea what to do with other than rest my spoons. It doesn't appear to detach, so I would have no idea how to even clean it. I think it can heat up to 500 degrees. What does one do w/ this?! How can I make use of it!?

Why I am just now asking is that I was looking into getting a stovetop grill pan (the kind that lays across both burners) so I can cook steaks inside. However, my front burner is really low and my back burner is really high, so the heat would be very uneven. Then I started looking at my built in griddle and wondering if I could make use of it.

I am pretty clueless, please help!
Thanks!
Becky

The griddle in the middle will do for anything that cooks on a big flat surface. Pancakes, bacon, steaks, burgers. If you google with the stove name and model number, you may be able to get an instruction manual.

But how do you clean it? It seems like bacon grease and steak juice would be going everywhere! Can I put a grill pan on top of it and use it as the heat source or making steaks or will this not get hot enough??
Thanks!

I don't think that would work.

One reason I suggested getting an instruction manual was to see what it said about cleaning and possibly removability. Maybe there is a release button you haven't found yet.

What brand is the stove? How old is it? Do you know the model name/number?

I will dig in the attic tomorrow to see if I can find the manual. It's a kitchenaid gas range, about 4-5 years old now. I just saw the serial/model inside the oven door and can prob find info online - oi - I dont like this oven/stove ... for sure not one I would have picked!

Okay, I think I am clearly missing an attachment to my griddle. It's just a flat, direct heat source. I agree that something needs to sit on top of it... I would think.
Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom