What is your kitchen wish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeisuresKitchen

Washing Up
Got this idea from half baked from this threadWhich appliance purchase was your worst mistake?

I'm brand new so hope no one minds. :)

What toys would you love to have for your kitchen? If money were no object, what would you come home with?

turkey fryer

SETFTV_stainless_steel_electric_turkey_fryer.jpg

chinois
4409913876509P.JPG

pestel for the chinois
4693314000356P.JPG

food mill
4513213942080P.JPG

BN maker
4410013876517P.JPG

Mandolin
3198113123985P.JPG

cookbook holder
4524413836329P.JPG

KAM parts
5626313402817P.JPG

Now I have a ton of other stuff I would love to add but I don't want to hog the thread. :)

Just a few more..
img92m.jpg

img13l.jpg

img12l.jpg

img91l.jpg

Last edited:
Things we would love to have in the kitchen...

-Frytop
-Woodburning Pizza Oven (though this is more for either balcony or garden...)
-Combination of stainless steal and marble work surface
-bigger fridge
-bigger, efficient storage space
-enormous KITCHEN to accomodate all that we need!!

We may indeed move into a new flat with a big kitchen in about a year or so... then we shall do our best to realise an ideal custom made kitchen:) :cool:

a new thermocouple for my oven so I don`t have to keep forcing it to light with a blowtorch anymore.

other than that, I`m perfectly happy with all that I have, and what I don`t have, I can Make-Do anyway, it`s part of the Fun in my opinion :)

I would like a brand new kitchen, at least 4 times the size of my present kitchen...which is actually more of a postage stamp with walls and appliances.:huh:

I would love to get one of those coffee makers - The kind you put in whole beans - set the timer - and in the morning it grinds the beans and brews the coffee - Now that would get me up and out of bed on time - The aroma of the fresh coffee is too good for words!!!

Now that I've struck off pressure cooker and KA mixer from my wishlist, here's what's remaining to be fulfilled:

Vacuum sealer/foodsaver
Double oven
Ice cream maker
Big fridge
Big double compartment freezer
Le Creuset dutch oven set
Espresso/capuccino machine

I'm in desparate need of a new kitchen - it's circa 1970 and oh so tired and inefficient!!

LeisuresKitchen said:
Got this idea from half baked from this threadWhich appliance purchase was your worst mistake?

I'm brand new so hope no one minds. :)

What toys would you love to have for your kitchen? If money were no object, what would you come home with?

turkey fryer

SETFTV_stainless_steel_electric_turkey_fryer.jpg

chinois
4409913876509P.JPG

pestel for the chinois
4693314000356P.JPG

food mill
4513213942080P.JPG

BN maker
4410013876517P.JPG

Mandolin
3198113123985P.JPG

cookbook holder
4524413836329P.JPG

KAM parts
5626313402817P.JPG

I own 3 of those things;

The turkey fryer, the food mill and the mandolin.

I'd like to get the chinois, the pestel for it and the cookbook holder.

Basically a new kitchen. Our present kitchen was built in the late '30s and is hopelessly small, lacking in counter- and cabinetspace, no ventilation, not air-conditioned except for a small window unit that works its behinder off in the summer, needs better lighting, etc. We need to start from scratch. Unfortunately, because of $$$, that is waaay down the road. So, we continue to be creative with our semi-campfire kitchen.

I didn't know that was a chinois. We just called it a strainer or food mill. We used to use them for making chili, tomato juice, tomato sauce, apple sauce, etc. I have two, with stands.
I'd never seen a food mill with a handle until I started watching the Food Channel. I think I like mine with the stand better because if you get it the right height, you can get your shoulder into it for better leverage. It looks to me like the one with the handle would be all wrist and elbow.
I also have a food mill on my KA, and have used it a lot. you can't get as much in it, of course, but it's so easy to use!

I've looked at mandolins, but DH won't let me have one. He says I'd slice my fingers off, and he's right. Same thing with a cleaver. I have lost the disks that went with my food processor, but when I get a new one, I'll be able to slice with that. The one I have is over 30 years old, been used a lot, and is still going strong.

I do wish I had a good, sturdy cookbook holder. I don't use a cookbook that often, but when I do, a holder would sure come in handy.

Thing being, you can have so much "stuff" that your "stuff" has you, and I have just about reached that point.

As long as you use the food holder that comes with the mandolin, you should be safe.

But yes, the food processor is even safer because there is no way that your hands or fingers can come in contact with the rapidly spinning dicks or blade.

And even THOSE can be dangerous when the time comes to clean them!

Last edited:
I am going to be buying a condo soon, and it definitley has to have one!

As for new toys, I have just about everything I could possibly want or need, but I would kind of like to have a rotisserie, but I'm not sure if I want the one that goes with my new barbeque grill, or a countertop one, like the Popiel. I like the "set it and forget it" idea, but, being at the beach, I really do enjoy cooking outside.

well this year I achieved my dream kitchen with all the toys etc, but one can still wish...so I wish I had had the room to get the 48" wolf with a french top. However, I really can make do just fine with the 36" . 2 dishwashers ( I only have 1) and a second large sink area with built in drainboard would be the other ideal items that room just wouldn't allow.

Back
Top Bottom