"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Old 05-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #11
Senior Cook
We have a Whirlpool 4 burner and I hate it. It is a flimsy piece of c**p. You hit a sore point with this one. It is very hard to clean around the burners. The oven has the vent at the back of the burners with the control above that and when you use the oven cleaner it turns the area around the vent yellow. We have to keep adjusting the heating control for the oven as it doesn't stay true. Wrote to Whirlpool about it and never got an answer. My idea of the perfect range is a gas top and an electric oven. People use to laugh when I asked about it but now they do make them.

Lord, put your arms around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
Spice1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #12
Send a message via MSN to Chef Wil Send a message via Yahoo to Chef Wil
I worked at a place about 25 years ago that was refurbishing the kitchen. I paid 50.00 for a "worn out" 40 year old Grizzly stove with a 48" grill. (10.00 for the stove and 40.00 to get it home) The only thing about a grill that is hard to clean is finding a pumice stone. I have lived in 4 homes after that and always had to redo the gas lines, the standard 3/4" pipe isn't big enough to handle the load, I had to put in 1" and in Sacramento CA I had to use 1 1/2" line. I have used Grizzly, Viking and other ranges and stoves in places before and I love the commercial Grizzly for my own home. Just remember that if you want the professional quality and heat then you have to go with the professional range. If you have a pro range than you have to have bigger pipe, but it's well worth the extra bucks.

I learned early in life that a job in the kitchen meant food in the belly
Chef Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:33 AM   #13
Assistant Cook
Hi SizzlininIn,
I have had my gas cooker for 18years now, and just love it, I am shortly having my kitchen re-done, and the gas cooker has to go, as it is a double oven, and one of the ovens no longer works ..I have looked after it like a baby , cleaned it every day, and it is as good as the day I bought it !boohoo !
They say all good things come to an end ! maybe I will hold a service for it as it passes out of the door ...
I will have to buy another gas cooker as I HATE electric ones..
Have a good day
TheBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #14
Master Chef
I have a stainless steel cooktop , which we bought recently, I like it a lot , easy to clean.
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
I have a SS 6 burner Viking. It's 10 years old (so says DW). Trouble free except I've replaced the electronic ignitors in the oven twice! It does all I ask of it.

There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote